US Storms!

Out2gtcha

Hoping all are safe right now.............

We have tornado sirens here in Omaha in the middle of the US. We have had reported 110mph wind gusts in our neighboring city of Lincoln, and tornadic activity reported in Western Nebraska. Tornado warning here until late this evening.

I was just standing out in front of my house just now, and the yellow and black sky along with the near 75f deg temps feel like many a spring days under tonado watches. 

ATM, its eerily silent here in-between bouts of the sirens going off. 

Hope all are safe!

12 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Strange for this time of year. Omaha is in what they think is a shifting (to the east) tornado alley and it was as warm as I've  seen it here in December for as long as I can remember. 

We're supposed to see 55 mph winds here tonight, followed by some storms that are headed east toward us as well. Nothing like the 100+ mph winds that are expected north of us though, thank goodness.

12 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

"Windageddon" was at least in Omaha quite scary for about 3 or 4 hours, and terrifying for a couple minutes mixed in there, but it mostly past to our north. 

Nothing spectacular here but some pretty high winds, which I find fascinating, but that's about it. Oh, and plenty of rain too.