JA37 Viggen, Jetmads 1/32

Aigore

I think your Viggen looks so nice, not knowing you, this is beyond my expectations as I did not imagine the camo scheme looking this nice in the end. I myself am set to having a metallic Viggen with mine from the second batch, but I am sort of conflicted now. :) A white Viggen is also an option of mine.

Edited by Treehugger

7 hours ago, Treehugger said:

I think your Viggen looks so nice, not knowing you, this is beyond my expectations as I did not imagine the camo scheme looking this nice in the end. I myself am set to having a metallic Viggen with mine from the second batch, but I am sort of conflicted now. :) A white Viggen is also an option of mine.

Thanks Treehugger :D

A NMF will be hard to achieve on this model because of the printlines from the 3D printing process. They really mess up the surface and EVERYTHING will show in NMF. Go with the white lady probably easier.

6 hours ago, GreyGhost said:

Just Gorgeous..!

You Always impress, Jan ..! :bow:

-Gregg

Thanks Gregg :D

you are always so kind to me :)

2 hours ago, mattcour said:

"Hallowed be thy name" by Iron Maiden can go just fine too, I think :D

Not a bad choice either... :punk:

22 hours ago, Aigore said:

Yes, I almost forgot the Friday update but here it comes!

It stands!

Time to put on the legs on this beast!

It wasn´t a snug fit so I had to sand off a bit to  make this two  pronged fork fit in the nose bay.

IMG_6042(2).JPG

With a very satisfying "CHUNK" the nose gear popped into place.....lovely.

IMG_6043(2).JPG

Hmmm...what´s this in the groove? 

IMG_6044(2).JPG

Hehehe...turned out to be some left over tack-it by my own device....whoops.

IMG_6045(1).JPG

No satisfying "CHUNK" this time but the struts fits securely into the wheel bays.

IMG_6046(1).JPG

And the other one in place as well!

IMG_6047(1).JPG

IT STANDS!

IMG_6048(1).JPG

IMG_6049(1).JPG

Enough of that...

I glued in the  big doors, when a Viggen is parked they are closed but a bit ajar.

IMG_6050(1).JPG

IMG_6051(1).JPG

Yeah yeah, here´s a few more pics of the standing Viggen :P

IMG_6052(1).JPG

IMG_6053(1).JPG

IMG_6054(1).JPG

There...

Well what's left to do now?

A lot of small stuff to begin with, antennas, lights, rear radar sensor, pitottubes and probes. The slightly bigger stuff are the canopy and the weapons, oh and the rest of the landing bay doors and the ladder.

Cheers!

She is a thing of beauty, love it!

Regards. Andy 

29 minutes ago, Aigore said:

A NMF will be hard to achieve on this model because of the printlines from the 3D printing process. They really mess up the surface and EVERYTHING will show in NMF.

Can be hard but totally possible, wet sanding with some fine sandpaper will do it mostly, followed by a couple of primer layers and wet sanding again. Then the black, to be followed by metal shades, as known by all here.

The thing here is, I would easily be tempted and diverted to the beautiful Black Viggen after putting all the kit in black :D

Black-Viggen-2.jpg

3 hours ago, mattcour said:

Can be hard but totally possible, wet sanding with some fine sandpaper will do it mostly, followed by a couple of primer layers and wet sanding again. Then the black, to be followed by metal shades, as known by all here.

The thing here is, I would easily be tempted and diverted to the beautiful Black Viggen after putting all the kit in black :D

Black-Viggen-2.jpg

Only thing is that Black Knight is a JA37Di and the current JA37 release is a JA37C.. :)

I too would like to do it but I need decals.... in 1/48  :P

On 2/25/2022 at 7:10 PM, Aigore said:

IMG_6054(1).JPG

There...

Well what's left to do now?

A lot of small stuff to begin with, antennas, lights, rear radar sensor, pitottubes and probes. The slightly bigger stuff are the canopy and the weapons, oh and the rest of the landing bay doors and the ladder.

Cheers!

That is looking SO cool :punk:

Nice work! Love the build so far!

And if we are talking Swedish Melodic Death metal bands, may I suggest the

following……

I have a rule about metal singers who scream. Scream all you like, but I have to understand the lyrics you are screaming. If your screams sound like two marsupials/ mammals mating, I will pass…….

THOR    :ph34r:

12 hours ago, bdthoresen said:

Nice work! Love the build so far!

And if we are talking Swedish Melodic Death metal bands, may I suggest the

following……

I have a rule about metal singers who scream. Scream all you like, but I have to understand the lyrics you are screaming. If your screams sound like two marsupials/ mammals mating, I will pass…….

THOR    :ph34r:

Thanks Thor :D

Hmmm....the music is good but it's something with the singers voice that rubs me the wrong way