Tamiya 1/32 F-4C 54th TFTW 1976 Bicentennial DONE

oppenheimer

1 hour ago, oppenheimer said:

yes they are, i wanted to try them for the first time, in this closeup pictures you can see the texture of the print, but with the naked eye looks smooth and perfect

this cockpit looks amazing !!!!!!! except the fact you wanted to try 3d print , and you get a good result ...congrats !!! , it would have been easier to use the kit parts , that are not so bad , ..............after all 

Alain

8 hours ago, oppenheimer said:

yes they are, i wanted to try them for the first time, in this closeup pictures you can see the texture of the print, but with the naked eye looks smooth and perfect

That cockpit sure looks amazing!  Who's 3D cockpit panels did you use?

Amazing work.  I'm saving this build as a reference for when I finally start my F-4C.   As one small constructive criticism, the yellow on the ejection seat pull handles is too bright.  The real thing is a much duller brownish-yellow. 

Keep up the great work! 

4 hours ago, oppenheimer said:

the panel are from Red Fox studio, they are made in Hungary and the only way to get the panel is directly from them

Thank you so very much I did not know Red Fox did a 32nd Phantom one, although I am unsure how much  can use on a British one.  I think I saw they do RAF seat belts and cushions(edit: it might be Kits World...), I need to look into that, thank you.

Edited by Anthony in NZ

Cockpit looks awesome! Aaaah...the back seat guy in a USAF Phantom is called a WSO!

Weapon System Operator...pronounced "Wizzo". Bicentennial birds were kept fairly clean

too...they went to a lot of airshows that year to celebrate 200 years of the USA!

Great job so far!

Cheers...Ron

14 hours ago, aircommando130 said:

Cockpit looks awesome! Aaaah...the back seat guy in a USAF Phantom is called a WSO!

Weapon System Operator...pronounced "Wizzo". Bicentennial birds were kept fairly clean

too...they went to a lot of airshows that year to celebrate 200 years of the USA!

Great job so far!

Cheers...Ron

so the NAVY called them RIO and the USAF called WSO, yes i am planing a fairly clean Phantom, some tonal variation on the paint but not much weathering on the rest of the airplane

17 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Thank you so very much I did not know Red Fox did a 32nd Phantom one, although I am unsure how much  can use on a British one.  I think I saw they do RAF seat belts and cushions(edit: it might be Kits World...), I need to look into that, thank you.

I think  Kits World id the one who makes the cushion and belts, Red Fox just produce the instrument panels for the C,D and E in 1/32.

at this moment i am closing the fuselage and adding the top side of the wings in order to start airbrushing seriously

Small update on the centennial, fuselage closed, wings on, now it looks like a real F-4. Corrected the angle on the wingtips  by adding a stripe of plastic to correct it from 25 to 12.5

The cockpit looks realli good in place, it looks like a bussy cockpit for this scale, now it is time for a serious session of airbrush work

_MG_7672.jpg

_MG_7673.jpg

_MG_7674.jpg

_MG_7675.jpg

_MG_7677.jpg

Edited by oppenheimer

Oh my word, that is gorgeous!  The cockpit looks amazing and your paintwork so far beautifully progressing.  Looking every inch a Phantom, wonderful work, keep it up!

Such an inspiration for me with my British Phantom conversion which is taking forever

Cheers Anthony