When will we get a 1/32 Bf 110G

oyoy5

The Ju-88 C6 for example is another easy conversion from the A-4 kit.  Now that I see the AIMS set, Revell needed I bet you only one more larger sprue, one clear wind shield and smooth wheels.  Many interesting schemes as the beast was deployed in three areas of conflict.

1 hour ago, oyoy5 said:

Crazy but you would think Dragon would be all over this.  There are some awesome paint schemes and also the nightfighter variant would sell of the shelf I believe.  Cmon Dragon let’s go......

Buy the Dragon C-7 kit and then add one of the AIMS conversion sets, they are well thought out and pretty easy to assemble with plenty of room to add further details to take it to the next level if you wish.

You'll find a few things to look out for in my G-4 build log. I also have a G-2 to do at some point which is a much easier conversion

Regards. Andy 

I am curious why the C7 kit won’t work. The E comes with the drop tanks. But AIMS gives you resin drop tanks with both the G2 and G4 conversion. 

Could it be the vertical tails?  I believe the G4 had a larger vertical tail surface. But tails in Dragon D, E and C7 seem the same but I need to double check that. 

Paul C 

21 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

I may be wrong on this but I don't think the 110C-7 kit is going to be sufficient to produce a 110G. I think you need the D or the E version but exactly why, I cannot remember.

I seem to remember that AIMS conversion could be had with parts to convert even the C-7 boxing.  However, some of the other boxings include things like the drop tanks, bigger wheels, and the deeper radiators in the E-2/Trop boxing.  In fact, the E-2/Trop is probably the best boxing to start a G conversion from.

The AIMS conversion set for the G-4 works for all Dragon kits even the D with the extended tail as a replacement shortened tail was in my set. The E2/Trop is the better starting point but if its not in your stash it's worth seeing which boxing is the cheapest really!

Regards. Andy

He gives you the larger vertical tail pieces for the G 4 conversion. I guess the G2 shared the same tail as the C D and E as it’s not in his G2 conversion. 

His resin is really well done and he really gives a lot of thought to the G2 and G4 conversions. 

After looking at the 1/32 kits again I am always reminded as to how large the 110 was. Big aircraft close in size to the JU-88 in width. 

Paul C 

Just been looking on ebay and Dragon 110s seem to start at around £75 up to around £160, however you can pick up the Revell boxing of the C-2/C-7 from £45 post free so I did! Let's be honest you can't have enough 110's in your collection;)

Regards.Andy 

9 minutes ago, mozart said:

From memory the G’s had larger wheels than the C’s so I think that could be an issue. I used an E when I did my G4, really enjoyed it but so glad Andy led the way so I could copy him. 

Yes Max is right in that the C's had smaller wheels but the correct size replacement wheels are in the conversion set so shouldn't be a problem. I used a long tail D version for my build by the way.

Regards. Andy 

3 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

Yes Max is right in that the C's had smaller wheels but the correct size replacement wheels are in the conversion set so shouldn't be a problem. I used a long tail D version for my build by the way.

Regards. Andy 

Ah yes, that’s reminded me Andy, I didn’t need them so you can do a “pick and mix” with the bits you need and the price is adjusted accordingly. 

17 minutes ago, mozart said:

Ah yes, that’s reminded me Andy, I didn’t need them so you can do a “pick and mix” with the bits you need and the price is adjusted accordingly. 

Thats it Max, John is very helpful and just sells you what you require and adjusts his price accordingly. He has been very helpful on that front with his latest Ju 88 G-6 resin upgrade parts as I had an original set and he has since changed a lot of the vac parts in to resin castings. A quick email and all sorted, excellent service!

Regards. Andy