1/32 C-21A Learjet 35

Out2gtcha

• 3 weeks later...

The order number is not the best number to estimate when shipping may occur.

I got an email yesterday mentioning that my Learjet kit is now in the 'packing department', which is basically stating that one of the employees will need to put the thing in a box and copy the delivery details onto the shipping box - which is why they are sending only x amount out per week.

From my last email query I learnt that they order in which they ship is not related to the customer order, but to the order number out of the batch of 500.

So for example, if your order number is 11111 and you purchased both the Viggen and the Learjet at the same time.  Say the Viggen is number 5 out of 500, and the learjet is number 450 out of 500, then your Viggen will be delivered relatively quickly, while you will have to wait for a long time on the Learjet.

I do believe there are a limited number of people working at Jetmads, so this method seems to ensure they get all orders processed with the same attention to detail.  It takes a lot more administrative effort to check if client x bought 1 kit from line X 2 from line Y and 1 from line Z.  Takes much less effort to complete the orders from line X, then from line Y and then from line Z, so the cost saving (for Jetmads) will be on the time spent boxing and sending orders instead of saving on shipping by combining different products.

strange, haven't posted here for a long time until yesterday, and today I receive notification that my Learjet is ready gone to packaging 

wonder if they read LSP O/No 10884

Bob

ps the reason not done posts is cannot work out photo buckets system to put pics on site, seems like they have changed it

• 2 weeks later...