1/32 C-21A Learjet 35

Out2gtcha

19 minutes ago, Violator1991 said:

Thanks for the shots, I was planning to do this and you've just saved me the work :)

My two kits landed a few weeks ago, I too am happy with what I have received. They are becoming my favorite manufacturer with every new release.

These guys must be talked in to convince them producing the kits we have been so badly waiting over the years and which are unlikely to come.

I do not want to start a wish list here but they certainly must consider F-111, F-102, F-106, F-101, F-5 and other cold war planes so on... all in 1/32...

Looking forward to the Draken and the F-22 now!

Reading my mind ?? :)

I'd love all these kits from Jetmads, the F-111 to start with!

13 hours ago, Violator1991 said:

Thanks for the shots, I was planning to do this and you've just saved me the work :)

My two kits landed a few weeks ago, I too am happy with what I have received. They are becoming my favorite manufacturer with every new release.

These guys must be talked in to convince them producing the kits we have been so badly waiting over the years and which are unlikely to come.

I do not want to start a wish list here but they certainly must consider F-111, F-102, F-106, F-101, F-5 and other cold war planes so on... all in 1/32...

Looking forward to the Draken and the F-22 now!

Agree! This list can go on and on but 1/32 F-111 is top of my list too. Maybe we should bombard Jetmads with emails demanding it :D 

Hi,

As mine is still not in the postal system, can one of the lucky people who have the kit confirm one aspect?

Does the U-36 have pylons with either training pods or target trailing systems such as the AGTS?

I'm crossing my fingers!

Thanks in advance for the information.

Thierry

14 hours ago, RicardoD said:

The U-36 has the pylons but I do not see anything in the box to hang on them.

Thanks for the information. Too bad as this is a common load even if pictures also show the planes without the AGTS. Unfortunately such an item only exists in 1/144 scale!:(

• 3 weeks later...

The kit arrived today.

Not surprisingly the kit has no interior for the Japanese U-36 version. Jetmads recommend leaving the cabin empty. Personally I will not do that as there are pictures clearly showing operator heads visible through the windows. I identified at least one behind the second (and possibly the fourth) starboard window(s) facing the plane front. The plane has a camera and a missile seeker in both wing tip pods plus the jamming system belly radome to challenge the JMSDF ships ECM protection. Moreover, the pylons are used for carrying pods and towed practice targets. So, it is quite obvious there are at least four desks in the cabin to operate them. Looking at the classical "business" interior, I would put all the seats facing the front. Very probably the plane does not have the rear one against the bulkhead as the window configuration moved towards the front of the plane. The rear is very probably full of electronic system closets. So, if it is probably not recommended to open the large access door, I think it still make sense to leave some components inside and just close part of the window sun shields. B)

If it is understandable that Jetmads did not cover the interior, I'm a little bit disappointed they did not add the practice target pods as thirty minutes of Internet searches gave me dimensions of the components as well as many good high resolution pictures... However, who would have considered getting a U-36 in large scale? :rolleyes:

Hi guys,

I went on studying the JMSDF U-36A interior and concluded the following things:

- the front bulkheads were not present (steps 17 & 18 in the instruction sheet) and the seat in front of the door (step 19) is replaced by a rack.

This means that the three slots in the fuselage need to be filled in and the pilot and co-pilot seats rear will now be visible. Consequently some details will have to be added on their rear side if the door is opened.

- there is very few room between both ranks of seats in the normal cabin (http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/cockpits/GR_tour/GR-1.html). This means the racks of black boxes prevent using the seats on the port side of the cabin. The second seat possibly stayed but without further pictures, it is very hard to say for sure. It looks it is probable it was removed as well.

- the front seat on the starboard side should be facing the front. I'm wondering if it should not be slightly moved backwards (the seat supports were mounted on rails). However, this is difficult to say without doing a lot of measures and having at least a prototype of the side rack located against the starboard fuselage.

- Round section bars have been added just above the windows and close to the flat ceiling to help in moving in that crowdy cabin.

- The cabin double rear seat has indeed been removed and boxes and bags are stored in front of the additional fuel tank used in the U-36A (this justifies why the rear windows are closed).

It looks the plane probably use one or possibly a maximum of two cabin operators. I guess that technicians very probably pre-configured most of the plane black boxes before the jamming flights.

So, doing the Japanese version will not be easy car even if you close the cabin door, the empty interior without the front bulkheads will be partly visible through the front windows.

Thierry