mozart

The main rigging finished.  Had a real scare last night that I just had to walk away from!!  :wacko: The stand that the Fury is on as can be seen is a clear perspex jig which is clamped by two strong clamps to a stand which has a solid base and a flexible vertical. The Fury is held in place in the jig at each wingtip and the rear fuselage...it's worked fine for months despite much bending and twisting of the model so that I can access areas.  But last night for some reason as I tilted the Fury forwards the two main clamps came off  :o and the jig plus model crashed forwards onto the bench!  Much loud effing took place :blush:, I thought a major re-build was on the cards.  But when I inspected the damage I was relieved to see that the rigging had actually saved the day, holding the wing pretty much in place. :bow:

I came back to it this morning and eased the top wing back into position, applied CA to all the strut joints and left it for a few hours......what a relief!  It says a lot for the robustness of the model that there was no other damage at all.  :rolleyes:

T0VW8t.jpg