JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

22 minutes ago, scott_t said:

Does anyone have suggestions on reference material for the Viggen?

Thanks,

Scott

This is the best Viggen book that I have in my collection:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Saab-37-Viggen-ultimate-portfolio/dp/8799368846

However, I suspect it's now out of print. There's also a Squadron 'Walkaround' on it that's OK too.

Edited by hopkinspeter

20 minutes ago, scott_t said:

Does anyone have suggestions on reference material for the Viggen?

Thanks,

Scott

Squadron/Signal walk around and HMH book. Both are good, and complement each other. Oddly enough, despite my repeated calls over the years for a big Viggen, I can't even begin to afford this one, so will have to content myself to watch others enjoy it.

8 minutes ago, Stokey Pete said:

I’ve spent a couple of hours watching various YouTube videos of folks painting the camo’ on 1/48 kits. It’s bringing me out in cold sweats, but the final reveals look amazing. 
I think my strike eagle paint mule will be getting a new colour scheme in the very near future. Rigorous testing will be done  before I commit to paint on the Viggen.

DN Models just released a limited run of their Viggen Masks in 1/32 ;)

6 minutes ago, scott_t said:

I see Hataka makes a paint set that includes the splinter camo colors (HTKCS101).

MRP also have the specific Swedish paints you need to do the splinter camo. - I have personally not always been too impressed by their "Green" colors but I will test them out.

7 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

DN really makes some nice stuff. He sent me a pretty good sized batch of different decals and mask sets.

Agreed, and as easy as it sounded at first, making my own, in correct scale with accurate shapes proved a bit problematic. This was a good purchase for sure.

2 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Squadron/Signal walk around and HMH book. Both are good, and complement each other. Oddly enough, despite my repeated calls over the years for a big Viggen, I can't even begin to afford this one, so will have to content myself to watch others enjoy it.

Kevin,

I found both on Amazon for about $20 each ....considering what I will spend on 2 kits ....not bad

Scott

9 minutes ago, scott_t said:

Kevin,

I found both on Amazon for about $20 each ....considering what I will spend on 2 kits ....not bad

Scott

$20 is just a tad high for the Squadron book, but a great price for the HMH volume. I not too long ago, also bought the hardbound version of the Squadron Viggen book, so have the softcover version going spare. I'll probably be selling it off soon, along with a few other dupes.

2 hours ago, hopkinspeter said:

This is the best Viggen book that I have in my collection:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Saab-37-Viggen-ultimate-portfolio/dp/8799368846

However, I suspect it's now out of print. There's also a Squadron 'Walkaround' on it that's OK too.

I had no luck finding the Ultimate Portfolio book ...out of print and out of stock from what I have found so far.

Would love to see Danny Corman put together an "Uncovering the SAAB 37 Viggen" book !

4 hours ago, scott_t said:

I had no luck finding the Ultimate Portfolio book ...out of print and out of stock from what I have found so far.

Would love to see Danny Corman put together an "Uncovering the SAAB 37 Viggen" book !

The 'Ultimate Portfolio' book was part of an excellent series published by Jan Jorgensen. There were initially four books, one on each of the Scandinavian air forces, then he went on to do several volumes on individual Saab jets. It looks like they're all gone now though, he used to sell them through his own website (from where I got most of mine) but I can no longer find it. It's a pity - mine would definitely be on the list of 'things to grab on the way out if the house went on fire'!

I agree that a Daco book on the Viggen would be great, though the HMH book (which I'd forgotten about) is actually along the same lines and is pretty good.

Edited by hopkinspeter

7 hours ago, hopkinspeter said:

The 'Ultimate Portfolio' book was part of an excellent series published by Jan Jorgensen. There were initially four books, one on each of the Scandinavian air forces, then he went on to do several volumes on individual Saab jets. It looks like they're all gone now though, he used to sell them through his own website (from where I got most of mine) but I can no longer find it. It's a pity - mine would definitely be on the list of 'things to grab on the way out if the house went on fire'!

It looks like Rebell Hobby may have one?

https://www.rebell.com/svenskt/books-etc/nordic-air-power-5-saab-37-viggen.html?___from_store=eu&___store=international

Derek