1/32 Early Mustang Spinners?

Avenger2614

Hello Everybody,

When I built my last early Mustang from the HobbyCraft kit, I found a gentleman on here who made 3D-printed spinners for the kit which were a huge improvement in shape over the kit pieces. Does anybody know who was producing those, or does anybody have the ability to 3D-print a P-51 spinner with three prop blade holes? Thanks for any direction anybody can provide.

-Daniel S.

Commerce City, CO

Indeed. I modified a Greymatter P-51B/D one into an A-36 one quite easily. Just fill two of the three holes and drill three new ones thanks to a template. HOWEVER, you must be aware that if you use a correctly sized spinner you will get a step with the nose! Indeed it is not only the spinner that is too pointy and too narrow, the nose has also a lack of diameter on all Hobbycraft kits. In that case, enlarge it accordingly with some strips of plastic glued with CA and sanded to be merged at their rear edge with the nose surface. Note that the problem is only located at the last millimeters of the fuselage tip. You simply need 2-3mm of strip width and will have to restore the two square panels.

Hth

Thierry 

I think some of the Hobbycraft moulds were done by Academy as some of their kits have shown up in Academy boxes. 

Hobbycraft reboxed some Trumpeter kits (P-38, P-40, F-105, Corsair) so maybe that's where the confusion comes from?

Carl

2 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Unless you've seen the HC kit in a Trumpet Boss box, that's nothing but speculation as far as I'm concerned.  

You could say that about a lot of things: Kitty Hawk Jag, HKM Spey Phantom, Trumpeter Devastator, Special Hobby P-51A, Kinetic Kfir... 

• 2 weeks later...