Excellent!  I love all of the aftermarket that you are throwing into the mix on this one!  I'll be watching with much interest.  I also have the AIMS 109 decal sheet but didn't pay much attention to it outside of the decals that I was using (White 8 for the K-4).  Didn't even notice that White 7 was a night fighter with all of those interesting antennae on the bottom.  The photo of White 7 is excellent... never seen that one!

vExGtzK.jpg

5 hours ago, Thunnus said:

Excellent!  I love all of the aftermarket that you are throwing into the mix on this one!  I'll be watching with much interest.  I also have the AIMS 109 decal sheet but didn't pay much attention to it outside of the decals that I was using (White 8 for the K-4).  Didn't even notice that White 7 was a night fighter with all of those interesting antennae on the bottom.  The photo of White 7 is excellent... never seen that one!

vExGtzK.jpg

Thanks John. I was worried this would be the build you did with your AS especially when you said rlm76 overall. I do like a night fighter and this one with the fug 217 is pretty unique so wanted to build it as soon as I found the photo. Hen Reaver announced their conversion i ordered 2 sets straightaway with this bird marked up for construction. Unfortunately this is the only pic of the plane.

After much toing and froing, testing and sampling, I've worked my way to a Revell G-10 oil cooler and some additional plasticard to add the depth.

nJhff0x.jpg

I have a big ed set for the Hasegawa 109K-4 and that includes the deeper oil coolers in PE so it should actually appear pretty good when done. 

Ironically the Revell cooler comes in for much criticism for its 'slabbed sides' but turns out ideal for a WNF/MMT one, judging by the pictures!

K3qmHvz.jpg 

The above took much of my paltry couple of hours a week bench time (now back to work) so only managed to add the PE and Fug dial to the Aries pit yesterday.

ON2fZjd.jpg

Aaron 

Pit painting

3ZFhIU1.jpg

Still lots of bits to do but couldn't resist a sneak preview. Airscale placards to add also.

4vkXboN.jpg

And instrument panel. Added the fug scope as per instructions from Owl.

iUuhqN6.jpg

Dials and pe part aren't glued yet hence the slight misalignment as I need to flat coat  the panels before assembly.

xeKkfbr.jpg

And got some base colours down in the radio fuselage area

JcKKI26.jpg

Aaron

Edited by Wackyracer

Guest Vincent
11 hours ago, Antonio Argudo said:

very nice job on that cockpit Aaron, love that IP,  one tip about the radio compartment, the wood rack was protected with a greenish color, here is  some reference like in the piece I have, cheers

it could be greenish, it could be bright yellow, it could be other colors as well. It was a RLM99 tint varnish. But i have never seen so green as on the modern museum reproduction.

You can even buy a fragment here : https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-German-Wood-Radio-Mount-Fragment-6-Me109G-with-history-/231923815784

Edited by Vincent

2 hours ago, Vincent said:

it could be greenish, it could be bright yellow, it could be other colors as well. It was a RLM99 tint varnish. But i have never seen so green as on the modern museum reproduction.

You can even buy a fragment here : https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-German-Wood-Radio-Mount-Fragment-6-Me109G-with-history-/231923815784

Thanks. I'll have a mix. Fuselage interior side colour? Rlm02 or metal? Currently done it 02 with a dash of grey to fade it back.

Guest Vincent
On 6/22/2020 at 3:10 PM, Wackyracer said:

Thanks. I'll have a mix. Fuselage interior side colour? Rlm02 or metal? Currently done it 02 with a dash of grey to fade it back.

more likely bare metal

• 3 weeks later...