Polish F-16 Block 52: Tiger Meet 2015

Uncarina

7 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

Actually,  when an aircraft is sitting powered down, the attitude indicator usually sits crooked. I've never seen one sitting perfectly straight.

Tim

Thanks Tim! In “The Modern Viper Guide” (which I now realize is probaly a simulator) and in some actual aircraft photos it is indeed level so I went with that. At least now I’ve corrected the inverted status!

Cheers,  Tom

Edited by Uncarina

Brief update (more to come very soon):

I fitted the Academy parapack parts to the Tamiya rudder base without difficulties, and was impressed with the fit:

IsCk3Ne.jpg

I scratchbuilt the sensor on the port side. Looking forward to finishing this up and painting!

Cheers,  Tom

10 hours ago, Uncarina said:

Brief update (more to come very soon):

I fitted the Academy parapack parts to the Tamiya rudder base without difficulties, and was impressed with the fit:

I scratchbuilt the sensor on the port side. Looking forward to finishing this up and painting!

Cheers,  Tom

Looks indeed fantastic, very inspiring!!

Lothar

Great work so far Tom - I love the F-16 Falcon/Viper and I have several in various scales to complete as HAF aircraft (although I only have one kit in 1/32 scale - the older Hasegawa F-16C 'Ramstein' boxing (https://www.largescaleplanes.com/kitdb/details.php?kit=463), which will require a fair bit of updating to represent any of the Block 30 to 52 HAF aircraft).

I like what you have done so far and look forward to further updates - well done! :thumbsup:

Derek

17 minutes ago, Derek B said:

Great work so far Tom - I love the F-16 Falcon/Viper and I have several in various scales to complete as HAF aircraft (although I only have one kit in 1/32 scale - the older Hasegawa F-16C 'Ramstein' boxing (https://www.largescaleplanes.com/kitdb/details.php?kit=463), which will require a fair bit of updating to represent any of the Block 30 to 52 HAF aircraft).

I like what you have done so far and look forward to further updates - well done! :thumbsup:

Derek

Are you aware of any decals for 1/32 HAF Vipers? I came up empty handed searching for some.

Lothar

1 hour ago, Lothar said:

Are you aware of any decals for 1/32 HAF Vipers? I came up empty handed searching for some.

Lothar

Hi Lothar,

I only have the Icarus productions F-16 decal set (32003).

Boxart Hellenic Falcons (F-16C/D) 32003 Icarus Productions

haf-16c-fighting-falcons-icarus_360_f64ccfeb38672d97d4dc25cd59aeac7d.jpg

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Legs and mouth! I added the GT Resin intake and the larger nosewheel without too much difficulty. The only exception was the intake lip, which needed some blending with Tamiya putty, followed by some tricky masking. Prior to fitting, I had painted the lower fuselage with the FS 36375 in order to save masking the landing gear bays and the upper part of the intake. Of course, I had to do some follow up painting after fitting and painting the intake lip, but it wasn't too difficult. The nosewheel tire is from a 1/48 UH-60. Aside from the larger wheel, I scratchbuilt the Block 52 antenna and ECM blister in front the of the front landing gear bay.

Cheers, Tom

rlQOtpz.jpg

Hi7TKfB.jpg

8lJk6tO.jpg

Edited by Uncarina