Polish F-16 Block 52: Tiger Meet 2015

Uncarina

6 hours ago, mozart said:

Really looking great Tom, an unusual build sequence for sure, but looking great! 

Thanks Max! Yes, very true. I’ve been focused mainly on the airframe modifications so far, now hopefully the rest falls together!

5 hours ago, monthebiff said:

Very nice Tom, coming together very nicely. 

Regards. Andy 

Andy, thank you! Aside from the intake lip the fit has been impressive so far.

Cheers,  Tom

Thank you! Your encouragement means a lot. Just the thing to help me see it through amidst other distractions, such as my MiG-29. I will focus on finishing up the upper airframe before painting the darker grey next.

Cheers,  Tom

• 3 weeks later...

I've managed to finish most of the airframe, with just the light fittings adjacent to the intake to modify. The CFT's fit well with clamping, and I used stretched sprue and Apoxy Sculpt for the liner. I added the carbon fiber decals to the exhaust, but haven't yet weathered this area. Paint soon!

Cheers,  Tom

YgIDLfA.jpg

WCBLBcN.jpg

IryAtdE.jpg

94Y6DVE.jpg

tXgWzSw.jpg

Second take on the coloration. I wasn't pleased with the contrast on the tail, then learned that the light grey color was bluer than FS 36375. I sprayed the darker color over the airframe and the tail (gulp), then reapplied the masks for the second application--these masks are some of the most complicated I've ever used. Color me happy!

Cheers,  Tom

MViean2.jpg

nWEf5Er.jpg

• 4 weeks later...