Rules of the Road

LSP_Kevin

19 minutes ago, dmthamade said:

I have a Tamiya F-4J that i started for the two engine GB that really went no where. I did install the intakes and remove the scab plates. Can i get a yes or no on this please?

Don

yeh I reckon that's well under the 25% rule. Go for it.

First up I shall confess to being to lazy today to read the whole thread where it probably already answers in perfectly plain English what I am about to ask, but having run into a bit of an issue with my MiG-29A project and the lack of parts to make a true Early 29A without the flare/chaff launchers (have a request in to get the parts I need from the MiG-29UB kit) I am after some clarification. Should my request for parts fail and I have to go with the box markings which is still currently serving with the Hungarian Air Force do the rules just say that it has to be an air frame that was designed during the Cold War or did it also have to serve exclusively in the time period which would rule out a jet serving today but designed long ago during the Cold War?

3 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

First up I shall confess to being to lazy today to read the whole thread where it probably already answers in perfectly plain English what I am about to ask, but having run into a bit of an issue with my MiG-29A project and the lack of parts to make a true Early 29A without the flare/chaff launchers (have a request in to get the parts I need from the MiG-29UB kit) I am after some clarification. Should my request for parts fail and I have to go with the box markings which is still currently serving with the Hungarian Air Force do the rules just say that it has to be an air frame that was designed during the Cold War or did it also have to serve exclusively in the time period which would rule out a jet serving today but designed long ago during the Cold War?

The aircraft being modelled needs to have served in that time period. If you are stuck, zactomodels do these parts as aftermarket.

1 hour ago, BradG said:

The aircraft being modelled needs to have served in that time period. If you are stuck, zactomodels do these parts as aftermarket.

Brad, I have the Zacto parts for the 29. The kit also comes with the flare launchers positioned ahead of the vert stabilisers. The Zacto parts being superior, naturally. However the kits vertical stabilisers only allow for the kit to be built with the flare launchers in place. So as the kit comes you can’t do an early MiG-29A without the launchers (most early A series didn’t have them). I have a request in to Trumpeter (for some parts from the twin seat UB kit which has stabilisers without the flare launchers).The UK importers can’t help. If Trumpeter come through I can continue with my build as planned. If not I shall have to finish it in a different scheme but having got the decals which weren’t the cheapest I don’t want to have to buy more. 

Edited by ade rowlands

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys - I fancy chucking in my hat with a couple of Jumpers - 1/24 Airfix Harriers, 1 US and one RAF.

I have started these - as in 2 years ago I opened the boxes and started the massive job of filling in the bullet holes for rivet details and then more filling, rubbing back from hell to give it a smooth surface rather than the textured it comes with. The only glue applied is the cut up - mash up I have done on the air intake doors etc, Plus the gun pods have been worked on.

Then burnt out on them! So even this task isn’t a 100% completed yet. Hopefully this will give me the excuse to resurrect them both form the BOD (Box of Doom)

Does this qualify - they will be RAF - Falklands or Belize (not sure yet perhaps another version a Gütersloth one) and the US MC version also to be determined.

Please let me know - if not I’ll put them into WIP

Cheers - Taff :D

1 hour ago, TaffyMan said:

Hi Guys - I fancy chucking in my hat with a couple of Jumpers - 1/24 Airfix Harriers, 1 US and one RAF.

I have started these - as in 2 years ago I opened the boxes and started the massive job of filling in the bullet holes for rivet details and then more filling, rubbing back from hell to give it a smooth surface rather than the textured it comes with. The only glue applied is the cut up - mash up I have done on the air intake doors etc, Plus the gun pods have been worked on.

Then burnt out on them! So even this task isn’t a 100% completed yet. Hopefully this will give me the excuse to resurrect them both form the BOD (Box of Doom)

Does this qualify - they will be RAF - Falklands or Belize (not sure yet perhaps another version a Gütersloth one) and the US MC version also to be determined.

Please let me know - if not I’ll put them into WIP

Cheers - Taff :D

Yes the work sounds well under the 25% rule and the countries are good. Just be sure that the USMC version is one that flew before 1990 and you're all good.

Yep Highlander -  I thought it was in the right area - but best to check with the Mods! :bow:

Now I have dug them out of the BOD - don’t have a shelf!! - I’m feeling about ready to take them on. So they will be in the WIP otherwise. :unsure: Its a bit daunting - you don’t seem to see many of them made. There was a guy on LSP a while ago who was really getting into some great detail on a USMC version - I’ll have to try and find his build … shame don’t think he finished it.

Happy Days - Taff :D

Hey Guys,

While I'm waiting to receive my orders to continue, I was thinking that maybe,

I can start starting another quick built with this BAC Lightning with minor built-up already done.....

dAiyUKVl.jpg

Oh Boy, with a 10 sheets instruction, it will be another quick one..... :whistle:

What do you think....?

Regards,

Dan.