BradG

LSP Group Builds for 2020...

15 minutes ago, BradG said:

Keep in mind it needs to be an aircraft used in training. 

Just for my understanding: It has to be an aircraft in which teacher and student flew together? My plan was to build an F/A-18B in adversary markings, here's a little excerpt from Wiki:

"The F/A-18A is the single-seat variant and the F/A-18B is the two-seat variant. The space for the two-seat cockpit is provided by a relocation of avionics equipment and a 6% reduction in internal fuel; two-seat Hornets are otherwise fully combat-capable. The B-model is used primarily for training."

But in my case, the aircraft I planned wouldn't qualify, even if adversary marked aircraft were indeed used to train fighter pilots, but this specific aircraft wasn't used as a teacher/student trainer in the first place. What's your ruling, I'm a bit confused.

Lothar

I was struggling with the whole trainer entry.  Nothing excites me in this classification.  Nothing!   Then, I had a bulb go off.  The old Nitto Willow trainer.  Orange and olive drab wavy camo.   Whew!   This will be my first group build as soon as I retire at the end of the year.

Bring it on.  

1 hour ago, Lothar said:

Just for my understanding: It has to be an aircraft in which teacher and student flew together? My plan was to build an F/A-18B in adversary markings, here's a little excerpt from Wiki:

"The F/A-18A is the single-seat variant and the F/A-18B is the two-seat variant. The space for the two-seat cockpit is provided by a relocation of avionics equipment and a 6% reduction in internal fuel; two-seat Hornets are otherwise fully combat-capable. The B-model is used primarily for training."

But in my case, the aircraft I planned wouldn't qualify, even if adversary marked aircraft were indeed used to train fighter pilots, but this specific aircraft wasn't used as a teacher/student trainer in the first place. What's your ruling, I'm a bit confused.

Lothar

Yeh that's fine, Operational Training Unit aircraft and those used at TopGun are in as it's training as well.

30 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Doesn’t a new GB kick off today?  Just sayin’. ;)

Quite right Dave, 30 years of the Eastern Front 1915 -1945. 

Edited by mozart

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Doesn’t a new GB kick off today?  Just sayin’. ;)

It does but we need Kev or Matt to set up the sub forum,  both of which are out of pocket today so its going to be launched a wee bit late

Ron

6 minutes ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

I could be interested in the Training group build, if I can find a Fouga Magister in 1:32. Will appreciate any help in this matter

I think the DACO one was due out about now.