Tamiya 1/32 P-38 lightning????

oyoy5

On 5/21/2019 at 4:17 AM, timvkampen said:

Picture available? My bet is that a 1/32 is indeed in the making. Think about the options: Richard Bong and Robin Olds!!

Richard Bong you say?  While a challenge, the 1/32 Trumpeter kit can still look pretty good....

TlpMpi.jpg

Cheers,

Chuck

On 5/23/2019 at 1:30 PM, chuck540z3 said:

Richard Bong you say?  While a challenge, the 1/32 Trumpeter kit can still look pretty good....

Cheers,

Chuck

With respect....  You make a nice model, Chuck!

I'm preparing to deal with the mad rivetter as I write.   It's not that the rivet holes are too wide, or too deep...  some of them are just too oval.

Gaz

Thanks guys.  I don't mean to hijack this thread, but modelers often forget that the Trumpeter kit is out there.

20 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

That is one pretty model, Chuck! Just shows what you can do with a little (or a lot) of modeling elbow grease. Is that the Cutting Edge decals?

Thanks Ray.  The decals are Pyn-Up, # 32001 (AKA Cutting Edge).  These decals are probably the best decals I have ever used, which were critical on a BMF where carrier film can be a problem.  With care and Microsol, the decals melted onto the paint.  For those who might be interested in more details on this build, there's a LSP article here:

Trumpeter P-38L- Richard Bong's "Marge"

Cheers,

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3

5 minutes ago, LSP_Ray said:

Thought so. I have the same decal set. It is very nice.

Expensive at $38 US + shipping, but well worth it if you're doing this aircraft.  IIRC, you get two sets of the nose art, just in case you screw up the first one (and I did).

Cheers,

Chuck

On 5/24/2019 at 11:42 AM, chuck540z3 said:

Thanks guys.  I don't mean to hijack this thread, but modelers often forget that the Trumpeter kit is out there.

Cheers,

Chuck

You did a great job on yours. I know what I and many want is a Tamiya Corsair level P-38 kit.

i don’t mind fixing things,  but I get tired of having to do that with virtually every 1/32 kit to some degree.  Tamiya,  ZM, Wnw, and some others are just fun to build as nothing else is needed and nothing to fix.  I say this as an aftermarket resin guy!

happy Memorial Day everyone, 

If it appears I'll be happy.  If it's got Mighty Eighth markings in the box, or someone steps up and does a decal sheet with a Mighty  Eighth subject ot two, I'll be in Lightning heaven.