1/32 Revell Me 262-A (New Tool) July 2019 Release

Thunderbolt

3 hours ago, nmayhew said:

Yes that’s very interesting to know Andreas.

Now, can you have a word and get them to make a Spitfire Vb and Vc please? :)

As much as their MkII kit has driven me crazy, for £20 I cannot complain at the ‘value proposition’, and I would definitely bite at the chance to make these kits (Hobbyboss just doesn’t do it for me).

thanks 

Nicholas

+1

They will for sure be issued when I start the conversion with their Mk.II kit and the Real Model parts..

Edited by Fanes

There is a V in the pipeline but I do not know if it is a B or C wing, nor do I have the slightest idea when it will be out. My hope is that the 109 G-2/4 (the "best" of the kit series) and the P-51s with filet will come in 2020.

While the mass of investment under the new ownership is more or less unchanged the emphasis is clearly heading to the toy sector and in consequence to the disadvantage of the modelling sector. This instantly causes heavy impact not only to the production management but also to the surrounding industries (design, tooling etc.).  This shock can be (limited) absorbed by this or that variant which is still in reserve and by implementing kits from other brands (ICM etc.).

Comment: The strategic outlook of the new owners is not to make the modelling world happy but to resell the brand with a good profit. Changing to new product lines gives good chance to improve the performance (over certain initial distance) of the brand. The fate of the modelling sector does not count in this strategy. It is my fear that after reselling the brand to some interested side the hindsight that the modelling sector was the stabile core might be too late.

8 hours ago, Andreas Beck said:

There is a V in the pipeline but I do not know if it is a B or C wing, nor do I have the slightest idea when it will be out. My hope is that the 109 G-2/4 (the "best" of the kit series) and the P-51s with filet will come in 2020.

While the mass of investment under the new ownership is more or less unchanged the emphasis is clearly heading to the toy sector and in consequence to the disadvantage of the modelling sector. This instantly causes heavy impact not only to the production management but also to the surrounding industries (design, tooling etc.).  This shock can be (limited) absorbed by this or that variant which is still in reserve and by implementing kits from other brands (ICM etc.).

Comment: The strategic outlook of the new owners is not to make the modelling world happy but to resell the brand with a good profit. Changing to new product lines gives good chance to improve the performance (over certain initial distance) of the brand. The fate of the modelling sector does not count in this strategy. It is my fear that after reselling the brand to some interested side the hindsight that the modelling sector was the stabile core might be too late.

A little saddening. 

Once again Revell is producing a decent kit in large scale for an MSRP of under $60. I recently built their 1/32 Ar-196. It went together well and I viewed it as a bargain for under $40. Sure there are more detailed expensive kits but those additional detail requirements can be furnished by the after-market for those who want to go to that level. I am looking forward to building this single seater. 

Edited by Jager