chrish

Thanks for looking in on my project. The encouragement is helpful!

I'm calling the gear bays completed (for now) I may adjust things a bit later on  but I like the look for now (not too bad from a couple of feet away) Pictures showed that every hydraulic system on the plane passes through the nose wheel bay before continuing on to wherever it terminated! I added as much wire and solder as I could tolerate to the bay (enough to give it a cluttered look and a wash with "Tamiya panel line accent color (brown) "dragged down to the bottom of the bay(s) with Q tips and paint brushes to dirty the bays.

I can probably think about joining the forward fuselage sections now, I have to remove some ECM bumps as well for the A version, easier than adding bumps I guess...

first image is the main bays "done" but missing placards

HFTmUBb.jpg

Placards added

yF11oRL.jpg

78tpOry.jpg

The nose gear bay as supplied, I thought it was quite detailed on my first build, many years ago...

4uCZG9R.jpg

some of the miles of plumbing in the real thing represented with plastic and solder

4jRj9kA.jpg

painted, ready to assemble

YRatttI.jpg

QD5JCH8.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Ha ha ha good one!

Thanks to all you guys for looking in on me and the encouragement!

Ok... according to the reference book and images I'm working from, I had to remove some ECM bumps, while I was at it in the area I took the opportunity to fill some sink marks (not real bad ones) and rescribe some unfinished panel lines. I have, since then, moved on to the main fuselage and poured thick gloss white latex house paint into the engine intakes, (plugging one end with putty) effectively making them seamless...some pictures.

A picture of the ECM bumps needing removal (for the A version)

zhrBGOC.jpg

one down

Ntpamw7.jpg

One of the sink marks

vltAWcn.jpg

ECM bumps gone, sink marks being filled with CA

rAQOkBb.jpg

Forward fuselage halves finally joined

ZR4Gaq0.jpg

latex paint poured into the intakes

NcOea32.jpg