Jump to content

richardchapman5

LSP_Members
  • Content Count

    60
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About richardchapman5

  • Rank
    LSP Junkie
  • Birthday 11/05/1963

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Tasmania

Recent Profile Visitors

103 profile views
  1. Yes on most Lancaster they are black but have references photos in B/W of WW2 lancs that show the inside wheel wells are much lighter colour than the black wing colour so just went green to break up the black.
  2. Have been away for a while but got more done on my Lancaster. Have just about finished the starboard wing. I have decided to close the flaps for a number of reasons. The standard kit detail is poor and has many ejection pin marks. Eduards PE flap set is ridiculously priced and as I am planning to place the completed kit on the wall it will be much easier to construct a stand that mount on the wall and hold the lanc. The undercarriage went together easily and appears quite strong. The engine nacelle that the undercarriage fits into is another matter. I should say the real problem is fitting the nacelle into the wing as the fit is very tight and needs a lot of attention to get it to fit correctly. I have also completed the rear tailplanes and painted and weathered them and then added masks to paint the fin flashes. 1. undercarriage fitted. Mask for fin flash. The top wing with shading and brown camo. Paint completed. Mask for roundel. Weathering the tailplanes with Flory models wash. Completed the surface of one wing. That's it for now. Thanks for looking.
  3. WOW what stunning craftsmanship. Loving this beautiful build.
  4. Got some work done on the interior of my Lanc. As I am planning on using the half the clear side of the fuselage I needed to cover the obvious port side wing opening. I did this by cutting and shaping 1 mm plastic card and then made the rib structure out of .4 & .3mm plastic strip. All up the job took about 3 hours. 1. Port side fuselage with wing connection visible. 2. Plaster card cut to roughly the same size of area that needed to be filled to cover the wing root. 3. I ended up cutting the plastic card into 3 parts for easier fitting. I then used super glue to fill some gaps. 4. Interior ribs added. 5. interior floor dry fitted and front of fuselage also dry fitted. 6.Gave the interior a quick paint to see how it looks. Happy how it turned out. That's all for now and thanks for looking.
  5. I don’t know but it is what it is and just have to work with what you get I’m afraid. I am still enjoying the this kit.
  6. Got some work done on the merlins. The next engine I'm planning on adding extra plumbing. I have placed the outer nacelle to the wing and added some Nato black to see the fit. I have test fitted the inner nacelle to the wing. L wing with both engine dry fitted. that's all for today and thanks for looking.
  7. Have cancelled the Eduard PE cockpit set and got a refund.
  8. Got some more done today. I have finished one of the outboard engines and the surrounding frame work that holds the engine and oil tank. This is straight OOB. I then did some dry fitting of the engine narcelle to the wing. This is the view of the engine looking into the underside of the nacelle. that's it for today and thanks for looking.
  9. I have just ordered the Eduard PE set for my Lancaster. Stupid me didn’t have a look at the instructions on the Eduard site before I prepaid for the set. I must say after looking at the instructions I am extremely disappointed with what Eduard have in this kit. All of the replacement radio panels are dead flat apart from some grab handles. There is 1 small add on to the seat and the oxygen holder and a couple of other minor add ons. The instrument panel also looks very flat. I think Eduard have dropped the ball big time and just rushed this set out. VERY DISAPPOINTED.
  10. Today got into one of the engine nacelle. The underside is completely filled in where you should be able to see the rear side of the radiator and engine, so I sawed and sanded some plastic away. The nacelles side by side to show what I removed. what it should look like.
  11. Got more done on the lanc. Drilled out the area under where the lanc heating vents are then placed 2 mm square plastic tube to give better detail to this area. I then built the wing flaps. Noticed large hole at end of wing that needed to be covered. covered it with .2mm plastic card. thanks for looking.
  12. Got some more done on my Lancaster. Started by fixing the landing lights. I drilled out the moulded lights and placed some 1mm plastic card behind to place some lights on. I will then fill the lights with Kristal clear to replicate the clear covers. Moulded landing lights. Lights drilled out. Plastic backing. I then built both wing section. Adding the wing tips needed some work by sanding and test fitting. The port wing tip fits better than the you need to add the wing support to get a much better fit. Finished wings. I then worked on the upper wing flats. I removed all the ejection pin and the minor detail. this takes a while due to the amount of pins and there location. I have decided to wait and see if our friends at Eduard or some other manufactures come out with a PE replacement set. that's it for today. Thanks for looking.
  13. Thanks Finn. I will definitely PM you for that manual on the containers. Thank mate.
×
×
  • Create New...