B-17G Little Miss Mischief

Uncarina

Getting there with the front end. I'm using the Eduard Brassin guns, and they are a nice upgrade, and significantly smaller than the kit parts and the Quickboost barrels. I'm also using the Master Details flexible ammo belts and really like them. I finished the wiring for the gun turret motor and most of the starboard side. I still have to work on the port side, and do some more fine tuning. Do any of you have good reference photos/drawings of the front window defroster?

Cheers, Tom

Ux3XtgP.jpg

TqKtVIb.jpg

vduADS8.jpg

Really nice looking interior and the attention to detail is terrific, love the head phones and the wood panels for the floor.  Question - I thought the flexible ammunition chutes were steel - with the brass shells showing through the middle.  Did you find another source?

Thanks,

Chris

I do love this kit! Today I rigged the port cheek gun, added the navigator seat and lamp, and dry fit what I have so far. I apologize for the poor quality pics, but I wanted to illustrate what can be seen from the front and in the cockpit. I also took a comparison pic of the Eduard (top) and kit guns. Next: seat belts and adding the port ammo belt.

Cheers, Tom

lmzUDqx.jpg

BsW1n8m.jpg

khdmBLK.jpg

Really nice looking interior and the attention to detail is terrific, love the head phones and the wood panels for the floor.  Question - I thought the flexible ammunition chutes were steel - with the brass shells showing through the middle.  Did you find another source?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris, thank you! I was using the photo from the Master Details set as a reference, but it's not too late to correct this if necessary. It appears they have the brass showing through the chutes, with a black connector in the middle.

Cheers, Tom

Awesome build, and there is actually pretty good detail in those kit MG's.  But the Eduard ones just look that much nicer!

No worries on the ammo belts, I bet a little bit of dry brushing with silver/steel/aluminium and you'll have that licked in no time.  There are a lot of photos on the web to refer to - the photo on the Master Details packaging is kind of dark and hard to see.  I do love their figures however... and they must be doing really well helping to detail the HK B-17 kits. Good stuff!!

Chris

Awesome build, and there is actually pretty good detail in those kit MG's.  But the Eduard ones just look that much nicer!

No worries on the ammo belts, I bet a little bit of dry brushing with silver/steel/aluminium and you'll have that licked in no time.  There are a lot of photos on the web to refer to - the photo on the Master Details packaging is kind of dark and hard to see.  I do love their figures however... and they must be doing really well helping to detail the HK B-17 kits. Good stuff!!

Chris

Thanks again Chris! I test-fitted and painted the port ammo belt, and thought it turned out a little better, so I went back and touched up the starboard counterpart. Dennis here turned me on to the Master Details products, and I have been really pleased so far.

The nose section looks nice there Tom!

Nice camparison pic of the kit and Eduard MGs. Might have to get a set.

Carl

Thanks Carl! I'm almost done with the front end. Whew!

Tom...that front end is really looking good! The B-17 is such a great airplane.

Cheers...Ron

Thanks Ron! I agree. This is actually my first build of a B-17, and I'm realizing she is a beautiful aircraft.

Today I built the nose turret gunsight from the Eduard parts and a small clear part cut to shape. I will add this when the fuselage halves are joined as the fit is pretty delicate. I added the seatbelts using painted Tamiya tape and Eduard buckles, bent and painted the port ammo belt which I also hope to add when the halves are together, and refitted the port gun pulley system after knocking it loose twice. Looking forward to moving on further aft! I'm off on a road trip but hope to resume with photos early next week. Until then,

Cheers, Tom