Dragon/ AIMS 1/32 Messerschmitt BF110 G-4 2Z+GB Stab 1./NJG6..........Finished!!

monthebiff

Lovely work Andy, and EXCELLENT problem solving! I think that is a mark of a very food modeler; one who doesn't spent any time on the kit wondering "why", but instead comes up with solutions.

This is no doubt a big, complete and very complex conversion John has given us and by that very nature, there are going to be issues to be worked out. Can't wait to get started on mine!

Lovely work Andy, and EXCELLENT problem solving! I think that is a mark of a very food modeler; one who doesn't spent any time on the kit wondering "why", but instead comes up with solutions.

This is no doubt a big, complete and very complex conversion John has given us and by that very nature, there are going to be issues to be worked out. Can't wait to get started on mine!

Thank you Brian, the G-4 for me is a little like the Tigercat for you and there is no way this will not get finished and as you say its just a case of getting stuck in and coming up with solutions to problems!

Regards. Andy 

So continuing my need for some easy no brainer work on this one I worked on getting the rear stabilesers converted. First up was to remove the unwanted rudder from each half 

20180205_110128.jpg

Then the new resin parts were cleaned up and pinned ready for fitting.

20180205_172703.jpg

And the finished sub assemblies less the PE which I wll fit later in the assembly process.

20180205_172937.jpg

Each rudder looks like it nedds building up a little at the bottom as theycome up a little short and in fairness John does mention this in his instructions.

The belly moulding has had its unwanted chutes filled with plastic card followed by the extra resin fairing piece added which I recieved this week.

20180207_180905.jpg

Then it was time to get back to some more inticate work so then concentrated on getting the wiring loom and air tubes added to the lower MG installation.

20180207_140439.jpg

and a quick test fit into the cockpit floor.

20180207_133826.jpg

Oxygen hoses and final details added to the ammunition boxes in readyness for paint

20180207_172309.jpg

As ever, thanks for looking in and comments/ critisicm always welcome.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

I am following along here and am sincerely enjoying watching fine model building, and great communication, going on. As I have been pretty much involved with WWI, I was not aware of the AIMS offerings until I saw Aitor Azkue's JU-388 diorama and to say that my interest has been fired up would be an under statement. I'm sure you gents might have suggestions on build logs I might have a look at for that particular conversion. I'm not sure I really want to wade in at this point, but seem to already have one tow in the water. 

Cheers from NYC,

Michael