I'm surprised no discussion here about forthcoming Italeri F-35A

iaf-man

Guest Airfixer

While looking at the X-32... :hmmm:

1) Is it smiling or twitting at us?

2) Never knew I had maternal insticts...

Edited by Airfixer

I am keen on the F-35. Saw a 1/48 A at a model contest a little while ago and it looked pretty cool.

The kit will need to be fine and crisp though, with the gray camo and fairly blended shape, fat panel lines and generally rough rendition will be very noticable. Also, I will become even more enthusiastic as the jet gets used in action.

Cheers,

Marcel

WWI, inter-war & WII offer a rich choice of stunning aircraft, stuffed full of character and backstories. The diversity of shapes is amazing.

Modern jets, by comparison, seem to be the same basic shape. Not a great shape.

Should I go and tell both of these gentlemen that the jets that flew when they were young men lacked character and were just boring scraps of metal with no interesting stories to tell?

8619D827-E4CC-48AC-966A-51E7C2A19F10_zps

6154C2D4-94D9-4245-A950-5F607BE3D420_zps

Didn't Lindbergh announce the same F-35 in 1/32 a number of years ago, they even displayed pictures of the prototype kit!

I was on the F-35 program for 4 years and I can tell you they were pushing things that did not go through enough R&D as production parts. Demanding razor edge technology before we even had something in place to make it to the specs they required!