So who is entering the Jurassic Plastic GB?

LSP_Ron

Nice choice with the J33. What airfield is that Derek? Looks a bit like West Malling.

Best regards;

Steve

Hi Steve,

The original image details (it is a Wiki one) states the following: 'De Havilland DH.112 Venom NF.51 (J 33) 33010 of the Royal Swedish Air Force at Chester Airfield in 1953'.

800px-DH.112_Venom_NF.51_33010_RSwedAF_C

Derek

Dilemma,

My stash is currently with my folks in Wiscony. I managed to stash a limited load of kit's in my place in SoCali my home base. I live in Singapore at the moment and I seriously want to be in this group build. I think I have an old Hasegawa Hellcat in California I can dig up. I plan to bring this kit back with me around the holidays, hopefully. I'll need a jump start this kit to catch up to you guys. I purchased the CMK cockpit recently but not sure if I can install it under the current group build standards? Brilliant idea on a group build guys. Thanks Kev for the suggestion going forward.

I really think the Nitto Willow kit dates back into the late seventies. I recall building this kit in a silver wheel trainer version way, way back when. Mind you, I'm not as old as Harv, but I have memories back in the late 70's. Just kidding Harv!!!!

Troy

Lucky person you are Anders - please keep us informed of progress. In the meantime, if anyone has any ideas where I can obtain suitable Flygvapnet national markings and numeral decals, I may pitch in with a J 33 :)

Derek

I'm lucky?

I asked about 1/32 J 33 decals...they're started, but lots of work left. But in six months, maybe ;)

Just asking: when did the Hasegawa F-104 first appear? I just found one in the stash with tons of AM in the box but I can't find the release date.

Lothar

The original C model came out with George Laven's markings in the 70's, IIRC. I remember seeing it when I was in High school, which was before 1984.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/114061-hasegawa-3200-f-104g-s-world-starfighter

Edited by Lee White

Just asking: when did the Hasegawa F-104 first appear? I just found one in the stash with tons of AM in the box but I can't find the release date.

Lothar

Geeze you know thats a darn good point?  I have a F-104J kit not a C which I am positive is pre-1883 but I assumed the J was too.  To do a RCAF bird I need a J or a G base kit.

Does anyone know if Hase's J and G kits are pre-1983? 

Geeze you know thats a darn good point?  I have a F-104J kit not a C which I am positive is pre-1883 but I assumed the J was too.  To do a RCAF bird I need a J or a G base kit.

Does anyone know if Hase's J and G kits are pre-1983? 

Actually, I am going to have to correct myself- According to the scalemates timeline, the G/J was first, with a "197x" release.

Trying to confirm whether the Minicraft/Hasegawa F-5E meets the criteria. I checked Scalemates and the web, but I couldn't find a release date.  I also check instructions for a copyright date but no luck.  

Anyone know?

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks all for your Input re the Hase F-104  :)  - looking at all the AM in the box I'm not so sure about the Kfir/Dagger anymore - on

the other hand there's lots of AM in the Revell Mirage box as well :whistle:

Lothar

Well its late Spring time here in the Antipodes, so with Daylight savings and more Daylight time to get stuck into modelling again.

So, I would like to join up to this group build, with a couple of 1/32 Revell F4U-1 Corsairs, built as two RNZAF aircraft.

I originally started these in another forum group build, but life/work got in the way <_< , so they are still way <than 25% started

(Mostly the engines being reworked cowling flaps removed etc)

FILE0145%20copy_zps4iasjofv.jpg

FILE0136%20copy_zpsjrj5lhx4.jpg

Hope thats Ok to join with them?

If not, I have a Matchbox SBD5 Dauntless or the Hasegawa A4

Thanks

Alan