Roden Bird Dog and Skymaster

ZachP319

Got it in today. Typical of my experience with Roden, the parts were in one bag and swimming in a large box. As kinda expected, it only has one cockpit/seat and fixed pitch prop (in this boxing at least). I'll leave the reviews for those better suited but in the meantime here's some quick cell phone pics of the sprues. Hard to see but there is a large sink hole (channel) running the entire length of the rear wing on the upper surface. Personally I would've like to have seen all the clear parts molded as one part like Tamiya and others recently have rather than plugging in all the individual parts since so much of the top side is window.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Thanks for the pics! As I kind of expected too.................a bit of a simplified kit. The subject seems to lend itself to being a bit simplified.  I really just have to hope that one of our after market guys comes to the rescue on that pit!

That thing will be open for the world to see! 

Thanks for the pics! As I kind of expected too.................a bit of a simplified kit. The subject seems to lend itself to being a bit simplified.  I really just have to hope that one of our after market guys comes to the rescue on that pit!

That thing will be open for the world to see! 

References may prove to be a bit of an issue. The only book I have on the subject, is the Squadron/Signal publication.