Building a kit by accident - Meng Kids He-177 ready for lnspection

dutik

From here too :yahoo:

hemeng8xas19.jpg

Added most of the remaining small parts, UC legs, guns, clear parts, rudder. I repainted the rudder for a better look. Fitting the UC legs is somewhat tricky. I cut the connector part down (if you don't you will not be able to get the parts flush with the wing surface) and thinned it out somewhat for better fit. Did so with the connector part of the rudder too, so there was only a tiny gap left after pushing it into the fuselage as deep as possible. Filled the small gap with some clear white glue. Finally I added two parts not provided with the kit: an antenna mast at the back and another rear facing gun under the cockpit.

Props, wheels and bombs to follow.

Enjoy!

- dutik

Yep, I know that I am brilliant :wicked: Sometimes. Eventually. May be. :whistle:

OK, added all wheels and the props. Drilled the holes in the wheels somewhat larger (2,5mm diameter) to make them fit to the axles. Also shortened the tail wheel strut to have the tail closer to the ground. Left off the prop axlex during assembly :whistle:  so I made new ones from styrene rod. Of course the hole in the engine front was somewhat larger, so I added some styrene tube drilled inside to accept the rod. Done. Here we are:

hemeng9urp87.jpg

hemeng10zno9l.jpg

Look from below. Added unit codes as per the real deal.

hemeng12ecqcu.jpg

Only the bombs are missing now.

BTW, had some trouble with the varnish. The rattle can varnish pooled and had to be sanded flat in places. The varnish I applied by brush to cover some shiny spots from the white glue filler dried opaque, leaving white brushstrokes at the fuselage :shrug:  Yummi! More sanding and polishing, around all the turrets, guns, clear parts... But I've got it right now :thumbsup:

Regards

- dutik

Driving Miss Daisy

...into the earth :wicked:

hemeng20s0st5.jpg

Decided to make a cute base too. Build and painted small daisies (HO scale railroad stuff, 7mm high only) and planted them onto the base. Two dozen are still not enough :coolio: so another dozen is under construction. Guess I will be ready tomorrow. The white stripes are tape markings for the alignment of the aircraft model.

hemeng19sfscz.jpg

Enjoy!

- dutik