F-15E --- 1/32 --- Tamiya

Where did the -1 degree come from? 

Gary

Hi Gary,

A couple of places, although I can't vouch for their accuracy.  Here's one of them:

(See Technical Data)

http://www.f-15e.info/joomla/technology/airframe/64-wings

Cheers,

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3

Hi Guys,

ON the big Eagles that  I have built and on all of the kits on the stash. (22 with a mix of old E, C, J, and Bunker Buster) I find that the edges of the fuselage and the wing are not 90 degree angles to themselves.  These matting surfaces on the fuselage and wings need to be at 90 or slightly less/more ( depending on which side you reference the measurement from) parallel for both the upper and lower fuselage to fit tightly with the wings. 

If the angle is back cut so that the fuselage and wings have their long point at the surface, the fit will be tight with no adverse dihedral/Anhedral.

Yup!! This is pretty much exactly how I do these!! As for the alignment, if you have the bottom of the front of the wing level with the bottom of the upper fuselage, the rear of the wing level with the upper fuselage, work the joints as outlined, align the wing top level with the fuselage top, the alignment will be golden.

Don

Yup!! This is pretty much exactly how I do these!! As for the alignment, if you have the bottom of the front of the wing level with the bottom of the upper fuselage, the rear of the wing level with the upper fuselage, work the joints as outlined, align the wing top level with the fuselage top, the alignment will be golden.

Don

Thanks Guys!  I'll give that a whirl.

Hi Chuck, the gluing of the fuselage and the wings awaits me too :)

Btw which "thing" is the standpoint for the dihedral? I watch the trailing edges.

I think that is some very good general advice since trailing edges are generally pretty neutral while leading edges of more modern aircraft tend to "twist" towards the wingtip since there is usually a pronounced camber at wingtip. I aligned the wings of my first 1/32 build, the old Revell Mirage III, from the front which resulted in a slight dihedral (which is why that model sits permanently at he bottom of my display cabinet).

Cheers,

Marcel

Edited by Marcel111

The fuselage is done, the gluing was relatively easy, but the attachment of the cannon cowl and the two tail tips will require quite some filling. Here are some pics before that. The cannon bay without paint:

wedf.jpg

erfg.jpg

+ paint:

photo_4.jpg

photo_5.jpg

photo_1_1.jpg

Here is the cannon with the basic paint and some weathering. Still some decals and final touchups to follow.

photo_3.jpg

photo_3_1.jpg

photo_2_1.jpg

And here is the hinge for the stabilators, it`s basically the original pin fitted very tightly in a cilinder, which is glued to the fuselage. This is the outer cylinder, which is visible, while the original pin is "riveted" with heat, and the stabilators rotate very smoothly.

photo_1_2.jpg

That`s how it looked like before the gluing:

photo_4_1.jpg

photo_2_2.jpg

I think i`ll need something like a big table towel for the photos. :)

Edited by F`s are my favs

The cannon - mounted, and with the door open/closed:

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

I have a question about the pods at the tail tips. It is rounded on the left side and the kit part looks ok, but this one... yes, it is not the most visible part, but how should it look like? This is the kit part and also testfitted:

photo_4.jpg

photo_5.jpg

And that`s the real thing:

rears.jpg

So, are there two different pods respectively with two different sizes, and simply the real pic has one of the types and the oob part is from the other type? OR they should be the same and the kit part is slightly on the wrong side... hmm...

Love your work Milan. I did something similar to the horizontal stabilizers, because the thin kit pin that attaches them to the fuselage is too thin and fragile. I used more drillbits to attach mine, but they look about the same as your sprue pins.

Your gun looks very convincing. The weathering is just right.

I'm away from my house until Tuesday, but I can check the tail boom antennae in Jake's book for you if somebody hasn't answered your question before then. I sanded my antenna to look like the pic above, but there are many different different shapes and types, although I think the F-15E is more standard.

Cheers,

Chuck