Is The HK Models 1/32ND Lancaster Ever Going To Happen?

sspit62

I would be quite happy to pay for shipping for a sub assy part and being a smallish item and removed from the sprues it should help keep costs down, so Kev maybe run this idea past Neil next time you speak to him. :hmmm:

Graham

People do love their committees. It sounds like fun but unnecessarily expensive fun with lots of potential weak links.

Frankly it needs one reviewer for consistency. If skill levels vary there's no guarantee it will all come together properly or that the "master" reviewer can provide a proper perspective. Less Avro and more Frankenlanc.

You could, however, get around the inevitably delayed final review by posting parallel WIPs, so we get to see it around the time the kit is released and not months later.

Tony

Sounds like it COULD work, but as Tony pointed out, there IS a distinct possibility that more parts or assemblies wouldn't fit together.

We would also have to come up with a standard for paint, as no one would want 4 differently painted engines and the like.

Sounds like it COULD work, but as Tony pointed out, there IS a distinct possibility that more parts or assemblies wouldn't fit together.

We would also have to come up with a standard for paint, as no one would want 4 differently painted engines and the like.

Good point Brian. Just as with the turrets, I've seen photos where they're obviously interior grey green which I prefer in order to see the detail more clearly.

But would look a bit silly if the others were in the later black.

So it'd need agreed standards and agreed dimensions.

And Cees - just how esoteric is a 1/32 Manchester before the Lancaster's even out?

If in fact they are going for stressed and lapped skin and raised rivets, I'm still hoping that the fuselage side windows are 'optional'. In other words the windows are engraved on the inside allowing those who want windows to open them up. Otherwise, it will be near impossible to fill over the windows should one wish to make a late model Lanc. that doesn't have windows.