It's lead sheet Shaka, very malleable and easy to work with.

great to see you trying this Max - your first attempt looks fabulous

..in case you missed it, I did a tutorial on compund curve panels right here

you may find it useful as you start to approach different areas - it is a very versatile skill and not too difficult to pick up. The big problem will be resisting the temptation to skin the whole airframe :)

Peter

Thanks Peter, your link to your tutorial is very much appreciated, as is the further one to the nacelles. I'm a little concerned about the accuracy and general shape of the nacelles as supplied, trying to think around "shaping" options so your work gives me the germ of another idea! :)

I have the same kit and am still amassing bits and pieces but its certainly something I have always dreamed of building this in 1/32.

I'd be very interested to know what bits and pieces you're amassing just in case I'm missing something! :)

Superb work Max - looking great!

Iain

Thanks Iain, if it ends up looking reasonably like an Anson I'll be happy. It won't be finished for Telford but I'll bring it along anyway. :)

Splendid work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Max

Superb work and you are a braver man then I

Keep 'em coming

Peter :popcorn:

Thanks Sandokan and Peter, your encouragement is much appreciated.....foolhardy might be a more accurate description Peter!

Would have been nice if the engines supplied actually represented anything resembling a 975 or jacobs engine, Im still looking :)

Ill get out what I have over the next coupla days, had a knee replacement so not really mobile

Sounds interesting. Regarding the engines, I'm not going to be too precious about it, I'll be adding some con rods, spark plugs and leads, pumps etc and generally dirtying them up by which time they'll be good enough for me. Edited by mozart

... I'm thinking increasingly of not doing the Anson that Winkle Brown flew but one that Dad flew: yellow with black anti-glare panels on the engines and nose. ...

Looking good Max, a superb job.  I like the sound of the colour scheme, and you have a fine reason to do said scheme.

great to see you trying this Max - your first attempt looks fabulous

..in case you missed it, I did a tutorial on compund curve panels right here

you may find it useful as you start to approach different areas - it is a very versatile skill and not too difficult to pick up. The big problem will be resisting the temptation to skin the whole airframe :)

Peter

Nice tutorial, Peter, despite the unnerving title (I'm binge watching watching "Dexter")!

Shaka, Peter's tutorial is so useful. I did some more panels on the starboard nacelle yesterday using Peter's technique and it all worked so well. Fortunately the Anson doesn't have too much metalwork on it, otherwise I could see myself getting hooked! The Harvard on the other hand though.......!