Progress with the wing, all the masking completed (nearly - I missed a rib near the wing root so must go back to that shortly) and sprayed with two coats of primer-filler.  When the tape is removed I'll give it all a light sanding to get rid of any edges then a coat of Tamiya fine primer, probably the white one because I'm thinking increasingly of not doing the Anson that Winkle Brown flew but one that Dad flew: yellow with black anti-glare panels on the engines and nose.

DSCN8797_zpsdknzgwzp.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Max

Some mightyb nice progress and as with Mike, I'm taking notes and learning a 'boat load' of new techniques.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Outstanding work on an interesting aircraft Max!!!

Cheers

Alan

Thanks Alan, I agree the Anson is an interesting aircraft...bit of a workhorse, one of those like the Fairey Battle which was a step ahead of its contemporaries in the 1930s but very soon became obsolete and relegated to the less glamorous training roles but a lovely design.

I'm really learning a lot here, Max - most inspirational!

Mike

I'm learning a lot too Mike, some of this is new territory to me but since I'm desperate to have an Anson in our scale I have to go down the vacuform route, and very enjoyable it is too!

Excellent Max...I thought the tops of the ribs were a bit too wide/flat, but did a quick search and they look the part. The more photos I see of this AC -- I think it's really puurdy.

Cheers Shaka, I think Ansons, especially the early ones are so full of character, I love this shot:

IMG_0001_2_zpsd7f33471.jpg

and this is the latest on mine:

DSCN8799_zpsyqpfuwin.jpg

Max

Some mightyb nice progress and as with Mike, I'm taking notes and learning a 'boat load' of new techniques.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter. I'm attempting to use lead foil to cover the engine nacelles, another step on the learning curve!

Fortunately for my skill, competence and experience level, perfection isn't necessary (nor achievable) because Ansons, as can be seen from the picture above were much used and abused.  I've started with the flattest, widest and easiest bits but I'll need to study some of Peter Castle's immaculate metal work on compound curves before I go on to the sections lower down where the fairing goes around the wing root:

DSCN8800_zpsqaitjqvh.jpg

Edited by mozart

My friendd, it's conning along nicely. One question though, is this the final step? I ask because to my eye, it looks good But very pronounced. Deep and wide by just a bit. Was wondering if more will be added to "smooth" it out......Harv

I assume you mean the ribbing Harv? Yes, I'll probably give another couple of coats of Mr Surfacer to infill a little more but I don't want to lose the effect of canvas stretched over wood.....the width between ribs is as accurate as I can make it, 14 ribs according to my count based on several reference pictures and drawings over a 32mm part-circumference.