Tamiya Spitfire FR IX- PRU pink (Finished)

Thanks everyone!

MikeC, that's the great thing about this forum. You get to learn more about the aircraft which can only further add to our hobby.

Well, the moment people have been waiting for has arrived. I masked off the underwing stripes once they dried and started with the pink.

IMG_20160218_095433.jpg

IMG_20160218_161633.jpg

I used Xtracrylix white with a couple drops of their Gulf war pink added. Here, I've started to remove the masking from the stripes.

IMG_20160218_162227.jpg

The underside:

IMG_20160218_162257.jpg

Edgar mentioned that when he looked at the paint sample, you wouldn't know it was pink unless you held something pure white to it. I think the pink might still be a bit dark but it's a lot lighter than what you see most of the time.

Carl 

Interesting that you use Xtracrylics Carl, that's the one paint that I've never had any success with; even with thinning it clogs my airbrush up. You've clearly mastered them, the finish looks to be excellent.

Max

Max,

I've found that you have to use their thinner. Anything else just turns the paint into goo. I thin it to about 50/50 and it seems to spray fine. It can clog the tip but a cotton bud dipped in windshield washer fluid clears it with a quick swipe. 

Carl

Max,

I've found that you have to use their thinner. Anything else just turns the paint into goo. I thin it to about 50/50 and it seems to spray fine. It can clog the tip but a cotton bud dipped in windshield washer fluid clears it with a quick swipe. 

Carl

Thanks Carl. The Xtracrylic's Trainer Yellow is the best there is on the market in my opinion for colour, it has just the right intensity which other yellows lack, but I've fought shy of using it after bad experiences. Maybe I'll try it again when I do my Anson!

Max

Don't really see the pink color on the build, i guess i was expecting Pepto Pink. I have to ask, where in T.O. do you buy Xtracrylics?

Don

Carl

Looking mighty good but on my Mac, I can't see the pink either. Am I missing something?

Keep 'em coming

'Peter

Thanks Don and Peter. The pink is very light in colour. It would stand out the most against the white of the invasion stripes but is definitely had to see. This is what Edgar mentioned. So I guess if you guys are having some difficulty seeing it, then I got the colour right.

Don, I ordered the Xtracrylix directly from Hannants. They sent it to me via airmail but that was about 5 years ago. The bottles are plastic so at least they don't weigh much. I'm not sure if that can still send them overseas. Hopefully they can as I'm running low on their thinner.

Carl