1/32 Avia S-199 Israeli

kalashnikov-47

Recently finished up on this model.  It's the Hasegawa Bf 109G-14 kit converted using the Werner's Wings set.

I have long wanted to do this subject in my favorite scale, but previously the only conversion was the older

set from ARBA.  I was pleased when this conversion set came out, and jumped on one immediately upon release.

DSCN0218w.jpg

DSCN0219w.jpg

DSCN0221w.jpg

DSCN0224w.jpg

DSCN0227w.jpg

DSCN0229w.jpg

Wow, this is an outstanding model !

The scheme is amazing and colorful, with the giant David stars on the fuselage.

I built this conversion one or two years ago (with czech markings and canopy), and i really enjoyed it. Quite easy to build but very good looking.

That's a pity that Werner's Wing conversions are all limited editions. I'm sure this one would keep selling nicely if it was still available.

Guest Clunkmeister

Very, very nice, and awesome shading!

I have a couple of these floating around inside G.14 kits. It's my favorite version of the 109 by far, even though the paint is kind of boring..LOL.

Speaking of paint, what color did you use for the exterior? There seems to be plenty of controversy as to what color the Israeli 109s actually were.

Edited by Clunkmeister

Speaking of paint, what color did you use for the exterior? There seems to be plenty of controversy as to what color the Israeli 109s actually were.

The paint....  The only match in a line of model paints that I know of is from Revell/Germany which is (I think) unavailable in the U.S.

I asked about a good color match in the LSP Discussion forum and was directed to http://www.lowvolumepowder.com and the color is

RAL 6013 Reed Green.  I bought a a small rattle can for about $10 and about another $10 to ship it via Fed Ex.  I decanted some for

airbrush use and it worked just fine.

[EDIT]  The RAL 6013 color is what is used by Israeli modelers.

Edited by kalashnikov-47

• 3 weeks later...