Bitten by a Mosquito!

Wolf Buddee

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

Thanks for the update/correction and I've added it to my notes when I build my Mossie

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Wolf,

Thanks for sharing--it's a lot of work to build AND take in progress photos AND upload them AND create/maintain a build log. I respect all that you do, and be assured a lot of us are learning how to get the most out of this amazing kit from the time, talent, and effort you put into this.

Cheers, Tom

Thanks guys, I appreciate you looking' in and even having a chuckle at my expense regarding the mistake I made with the cannon barrel lengths. The fix was fairly straight forward but I wanted to make sure no one else made the same error by following me lead :doh: .

The cannon assembly is now complete. The last details I added were the air distribution valve and the pneumatic lines that run to the cannons. The valve body is missing completely from Eduard's kit so I used the Tamiya kit piece as a guide to scratch build the mounting and valve body. The connectors and fittings were cobbled together from bits of resin pieces made by True Details. For the lines themselves, I used 1/24th spark plug wire from Detail Master. Only the air line that feeds the valve body has to be added and I'll do that just before the cannon assembly is permanently affixed to the fuselage.

I'm waiting for Eduard's nose gun assembly to arrive in the mail and that'll be my next mini project for the Mossie build.

Cheers,

Wolf

Cannon-7_zps3ja80xtr.jpg

Cannon-8_zpswdej0iaj.jpg

Here here, I agree with Tom, Thank you!

Great to see you making such great progress, coming along beautifully and REALLY appreciate the tips!

Any thoughts to the bomb bay plumbing and cables? That scares me on mine...

I've been thinking about the plumbing and cables and I haven't made a decision yet on those. There's a lot that can be added but it's difficult because a lot of them are run along the sides of the cannon/bomb bay. As you know the sides of the bay are separate pieces and are added after the cannons and bomb rack assemblies are installed. I'm just not sure yet. Maybe I'll wait to see how you approach this and I'll follow your lead!

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf,

Thanks for sharing--it's a lot of work to build AND take in progress photos AND upload them AND create/maintain a build log. I respect all that you do, and be assured a lot of us are learning how to get the most out of this amazing kit from the time, talent, and effort you put into this.

Cheers, Tom

Thanks Tom, much appreciated! I have to admit there's a lot of times where I think to myself, "just get on with it and take pictures later". But in the end, what fun would that be eh?

Cheers,

Wolf

Amazing job as usual Wolf!

The firewall in front of the canon assembly is gonnna have some kind of wash or you are leaving it clean as it is? or more plumbing is to come on that area?

I know nothing about this plane therefor I ask!

Edited by kike_gt

Amazing job as usual Wolf!

The firewall in front of the canon assembly is gonnna have some kind of wash or you are leaving it clean as it is? or more plumbing is to come on that area?

I know nothing about this plane therefor I ask!

No worries, ask away! I'm learning more and more about the Mosquito myself as the build progresses.

The bulkhead in front of the cannons will not only get finished with more paint but also weathered with a wash. There's also a lot of plumbing that runs across the bulkhead so there's still a lot more to do here. This build is definitely going to take a while!

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf, where did you get your 1/6 scale kit from? I have had a look at my 1/32 version and some of the parts you show are so small, I can hardly see them. It must be so much easier working in the bigger scale.

Or maybe you are a steely eyed modelling man

:goodjob:

Lovely detailing, Wolf.  What are you using as a reference?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hi Mark,

I have three references at hand. The Aero Detail book, Squadron's Walkaround, which has excellent pics of the cannons installed in the ventral bay, and the Modeller's Data File book which has wonderful drawings to supplement the photos. Luckily I have all three as each contains certain details that are not in the others.

Cheers,

Wolf

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

Just amazing work and your golden touch is written all over Eduard's cannon assembly.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Looking great Wolf, as has been pointed in the previous posts out more eloquently than I can manage

I'm looking forward to how the cannon muzzles mount within the trough openings, ideally without appearing to be in contact with them.

I'm assuming that's what the pointy barrels and collars will assist with..