Bitten by a Mosquito!

Wolf Buddee

Babs, Serge, saxOO3, thanks for following along as I muck up another fine Tamiya kit. ;)

Cheers,

Wolf

That looks great Wolf

Ron

Thanks Ron! Hey, wasn't it you that was workin' on this same kit? Poke, Poke. ;) Isn't it almost time to get back to it? You are quite a bit further along than I am and I'd love to see yours finished.

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Sensational as always Wolf.

Thanks for the tips about the Eduard canon pack. Thankfully I can skip this part with my trainer conversion, but have taken notes for my next FB.

Just looks perfect....

If the weather hadn't turned nice again I would have the Mossie back on the bench! So I am living vicariously through yours

Cheers

Anthony

Thanks for checking in Anthony. Yeah you'll have to get back to your Mossie soon. I could use some visual inspiration to keep movin' forward on this one. The weather is getting real nice here and the lawns are growing way too fast so. A slow down on this build could be a real possibility.

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf, following you're build, makes me want to buy a Tamiya Mosquito. :goodjob:

I'm not really into twin or four engines bombers, but looking at you're progress, thing's got different. :hmmm: 

I think i soon will visit my local hobbyshop to get me that twin engined bomber.

Nice work my friend. :speak_cool:

Greetz

Danny

Ok guys, I really screwed up and I hope I haven't messed up anyone else with the assembly of their Eduard cannon bay set. I have no idea what prompted me to rethink my assembly procedure but I know why the reinforcement rings on the ends of the outside two cannon barrels were in the wrong position for me. I made a very simple but critical mistake. I cut the barrels off their casting blocks and left too much material on the ends of the barrels where they glue in to the cannon bodies. That left the barrels too long and moved the reinforcement rings too far forward. I had to modify mine to fit afterwards but if the barrel length is cut correctly Eduard's bits should fit as advertised. I'm such an idiot!

Sorry folks!

Wolf

Ouch!,  heads up Wolfram, if there is any collateral damage on your resin, do not forget that You can always use mine. As I said I may not use the Eduard set at all, so you just take what you need.

Cheers

M.

Thanks Martin, not necessary! I modified my set to fit not realizing my mistake. You'd never know that I modified mine either by looking at it with the cannon assemblies mounted within the fuselage. I just don't want anyone else unnecessarily modifying theirs based on my misinformation! So stupid on my part!

Wolf

Ok guys, not to belabour the point but the following photo should clarify my post regarding the correct barrel length and what it should look like to ensure correct positioning of the reinforcement ring for the outer two cannon. That said, the length of all four barrels needs to be correctly configured, but the outer two are most critical because of the reinforcement ring position. Luckily for me, despite my barrels being too long the business ends have enough taper that they still fit within the holes in the forward bulkhead. That's why I didn't realize my mistake immediately. I truly hope I didn't mess anyone up already working with Eduard's set. 

:doh:  :BANGHEAD2:

Wolf (who ought o' known better)

Cannon-correction_zpstichiszr.jpg

Babs, Serge, saxOO3, thanks for following along as I muck up another fine Tamiya kit. ;)

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks Ron! Hey, wasn't it you that was workin' on this same kit? Poke, Poke. ;) Isn't it almost time to get back to it? You are quite a bit further along than I am and I'd love to see yours finished.

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks,  I just haven't had time Wolf. Starting a new business doesn't allow much fun time.

Ok guys, not to belabour the point but the following photo should clarify my post regarding the correct barrel length and what it should look like to ensure correct positioning of the reinforcement ring for the outer two cannon. That said, the length of all four barrels needs to be correctly configured, but the outer two are most critical because of the reinforcement ring position. Luckily for me, despite my barrels being too long the business ends have enough taper that they still fit within the holes in the forward bulkhead. That's why I didn't realize my mistake immediately. I truly hope I didn't mess anyone up already working with Eduard's set. 

:doh:  :BANGHEAD2:

Wolf (who ought o' known better)

Cannon-correction_zpstichiszr.jpg

Good catch Wolf and kudos for stepping up and publicly acknowledging your mistake. I must admit that I had a a little flash of pleasure at your misfortune. But I am adult enough to let it go....soonish.

So extrapolating the problem, when cut to the correct length, the barrels should also resolve the keying issue you identified? Great work and a masterful tutorial, many thanks.

Regards,

I don't believe it! You mean you are human? I thought you were a lean mean modelling machine but now I know you are just a lean mean modelling man.

No problem caused for me at all.

I am interested in the difference in the heating pipe diameters of the kit parts and the Eduard set. Which is correct??

Cheers

Don