Poll: Any Interest in a 1/32 F-22?

LSP_Kevin

Any interest in a 1/32 F-22?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Any interest in a 1/32 F-22?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I voted no, no character, don't want to get into lists  :innocent:  but, I do think an AV-8A/Harrier GR1/3/Sea Harrier FRS.1 project would be much more profitable, as would a Buccaneer, Mirage F1, Viggen, Drakken. All have more painting options, bags of character or beauty, so more potential customers, can't see a 1/32 £100 F-22 being very popular outside of the States.

Not I ... F-22s and F-35s, purely in my biased and unreliable opinion, have very plain colouring and no weathering, and so they're hard (at least at my skill level) to make into an interesting model.

I'd actually say that the F-22 has one of the more interesting schemes in the USAF inventory. Not that that's saying much. The two-tone gray, plus metallic sheen, create a really distinct look that also weathers like crazy (just like HAVE GLASS F-16s). Pulling it off in scale form, though, is definitely trickier.

I'm a firm "yes but".

Awesome engineering, detail and fit? Sure, go for it. Bonus points for a gold-tinted, iridescent canopy.

But - USAF exclusivity is going to hurt sales, and there's really only one scheme, and there are other subjects out there that would likely do better.

I'd be in for one if the price is right. Leave off all the open panels and such, sans the weapons bay and let the aftermarket have at it. I'd also add a modern German AF and Israeli AF WIF scheme just for giggles ( or piss off someone).  :DodgeBall: