Tamiya F-16CJ:UPDATE:8/29/15: DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

UPDATE: 8/29/15: DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

The Viper has finally crossed the finish line and except for a few bits and pieces that I noticed way late in the game, I'm calling her; Done and in the Books. It's been a long and stressful journey at times, all of my own making, with the most difficult being completely stripping every ounce of paint and primer off and making a second run through the paint shop. I made my share of mistakes and downright blunders; needing to backtrack more times then I care to remember but in the end. I'm more then pleased with the final outcome.

The stores and pylons attached with little effort and for the most part they are removable. The stabilators are still movable and as I look around the Viper, making a few notes what bits and pieces need to be adjusted, re-done and a small part or two that I missed, needing to be added. Sometimes, it's best to take a break and come back with renewed juices, making it a new ballgame, fixing what was missed the first time around with fresh eyes and a clear mind.

I so very much appreciated all the comments, thumbs up and would like to thank everyone for keeping me company over the pasts months and on the straight and narrow.

The Ready for Inspection Photos will be coming along shorty so here are just a few of the finished Viper

Peter

untitled-9_zpsndnys7sd.jpg

untitled-6_zpsg8x5kart.jpg

Pete.

You always turn out a great product. It looks so sharp. I really enjoyed watching the magic unfold. Like I have said before I would hate to compete against you.. you are a talented modeler.

Peter,

Im surprised at you. Such a lovely piece of work and you got the avionics bay fasteners at an improper torque setting...Please clear the deficiency and resubmit for inspection.

:)

Guest Peterpools

Whitey

Thank you just a fun build and it's hard to believe, I remember oh so well when both the Viper first went into service and when Tamiya first came out wit the kit. Just a great airplane and a fantastic kit

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Craig

So very much appreciated. Taking a break and building the Eduard F4 Good Morning Da Nang kit ...mostly OOB with just an enhanced front office. The two BIG 32nd scale projects plus finishing the Meteor.

Peter