Hasegawa 1/32 Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate/Frank

Fenous

You got it, I forgot manually ballance while using another light source than usually. It`s still bare plastic, I`ll use black Mr.Surfacer as primer because there will be lot of white on surface and black is the best undercoat for white color. And lot of masking will follow....

White homeland defence identification painted, weathering unfortunately almost invisible under lighting I use for work, but it`s there. When dry, I will play a little with control surfecas, than mask what should be white and paint yellow and red warning strips. and after that underside camouflage color will start.

DSC09405.jpgDSC09410.jpgDSC09411.jpgDSC09416.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very interesting WIP, with great detailing and paint job ! ANd i love this light olive greyish green !

I just did not understand why you said that black is the best undercoat for white paint? White covers quite nicely, but isn't it more difficult to cover black than light grey?

Edited by Zero77

I just did not understand why you said that black is the best undercoat for white paint? White covers quite nicely, but isn't it more difficult to cover black than light grey?

It`s an artistic rule I`ve heard - base coat under white should be black, under yellow and red should be white.

Interesting !

I may try it.

However, as for the red, a yellow undercoat may sometimes be better than a white undercoat. A white undercoat can make it a bit pinky, but it also depend of the kind of red, and the quality and covering power of the paint.

What a great build, I like the contrast you have in the paint.

Put me down as another person looking forward to the great un-masking!

I am intrigued... how have you fitted the handle into the front firewall, I'm always looking to improve how I handle and model, especially during painting and weathering, what you have done looks superb!

Cheers,

Chris