Ki-61 Tony; 68 Sentai, Weathering!

LSP_K2

OK, this is very, very frustrating. My CO2 tank is now bone dry, and it'll probably be two weeks (or more) before I can get a replacement. No air brushing, no exhaust stains, no exhaust stains, no completion. I don't know whether to laugh or scream;... perhaps both.

This Model looks good to me.

As for the stains in the rear windows, does one think the old trick of simply using white glue is a better idea than using Clearfix?

I recall back in the day a consignment job I did for a pilot of 75 SQN RAAF. Somehow when I removed all the tape the entire windscreen had frosted. In a panic I rang Chris Wauchop. He said "Dale there is only one thing to be done. You have to remove it and polish it with toothpaste.".

After that incident I only ever used white glue. What do you think?

You want to borrow my compressor?

My roommate has tentatively agreed to run down there next Saturday, so I'll just wait until then, but thanks anyway, Shawn, it's a very nice gesture.

This Model looks good to me.

As for the stains in the rear windows, does one think the old trick of simply using white glue is a better idea than using Clearfix?

I recall back in the day a consignment job I did for a pilot of 75 SQN RAAF. Somehow when I removed all the tape the entire windscreen had frosted. In a panic I rang Chris Wauchop. He said "Dale there is only one thing to be done. You have to remove it and polish it with toothpaste.".

After that incident I only ever used white glue. What do you think?

I've used PVA before, but my preferred method is liquid cement, especially if I'll be masking it "in place", as I'm totally paranoid about ripping the entire piece off while adding or removing the masking material.

I've used PVA before, but my preferred method is liquid cement, especially if I'll be masking it "in place", as I'm totally paranoid about ripping the entire piece off while adding or removing the masking material.

I mask canopies off the model, then attach them with Gators Grip already masked up, then paint them with the rest of the model. Never had a problem with the parts coming off while removing the masks, even back when I used plain white glue. I only vary that method if I feel I need a stronger bond, like on the P-39. Otherwise, water-soluble glue all the way!

Kev

Hello Kevin, do you secure the bottle so it won't fall over or that nothing will hit the valve? Bad things happen when the valve is broken off a bottle of compressed gas.....

Don

Nope, I just don't knock it over. I've been using CO2 tanks for probably 20 years now, and have never had a mishap yet. When the new workbenches get built, I'll be chaining it to the paint booth leg though.

Nope, I just don't knock it over. I've been using CO2 tanks for probably 20 years now, and have never had a mishap yet. When the new workbenches get built, I'll be chaining it to the paint booth leg though.

Damned right.  I've seen a oxy bottle go right across the shop and right through a cinder brick wall about 3" off the ground the whole way. Nobody hurt but it happened faster than you can say bob is your uncle.

Damned right.  I've seen a oxy bottle go right across the shop and right through a cinder brick wall about 3" off the ground the whole way. Nobody hurt but it happened faster than you can say bob is your uncle.

In trade school our welding instructor told us how at a construction site on the shore of Lake Ontario was always short on O2 bottles, couldn't track them down.... Figured it out when a bottle with no valve ended up on a boat on the lake. Always pegged my BS meter but after seeing this  

i'm not so sure of the BS meter. Maybe ask your house insurance carrier in an offhand way what they think of a compressed gas cylinder in the house. Just be safe, seem harmless enough  until it goes off the rails.

Don

Edited by dmthamade