Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

On 4/25/2020 at 11:41 AM, LSP_K2 said:

Is the '57 Nomad kit you have, the one that includes Cragars by any chance? The racing wheels in the '55 might be be good for a gasser or some such, but are terrible for a street car, and the stock wheels/caps are just boring, so I'll be seeking some suitable replacements. I'd be real interested to see your gasser when you get started.

Considering the resin lightweights on ebay right now, but will be collecting up the wheels from the car and drag kits to figure which combo. If I cast any, i'll let you know. Speaking of, got a few wheel sets ready for 1/32 Semi's. Those Revell snap plastic hollows are absolutely horrendous. Got Alcoa's and Daytons. Leads me to another kit combo to display, Kenworth with dropdeck trailer and museum FW-190 loaded. Or perhaps a good use for those Trumpy P-51's!

Edited by phasephantomphixer

1 hour ago, scvrobeson said:

Ooh, that's a great bench organizer. Definitely need to invest in something like that.  Wonder if they sell the individual modules to mix and match, or if you just have to buy the whole set?

Matt 

Matt, you can buy individual modules. Look under Opera modules on their website. The ones on the far right of my setup are individual modules. There's 4 of them stacked together. They connect to one another too so they stay in place. 

13 hours ago, phasephantomphixer said:

Considering the resin lightweights on ebay right now, but will be collecting up the wheels from the car and drag kits to figure which combo. If I cast any, i'll let you know. Speaking of, got a few wheel sets ready for 1/32 Semi's. Those Revell snap plastic hollows are absolutely horrendous. Got Alcoa's and Daytons. Leads me to another kit combo to display, Kenworth with dropdeck trailer and museum FW-190 loaded. Or perhaps a good use for those Trumpy P-51's!

Yes, I'd be very interested in some good resin wheels, absolutely. I've seen some Cragars on feepay, but have yet to confirm they'll fit my '55 tires. As to the Semi wheels, there are really nice replacements for the 1:25 kits that I already have (Peterbilt and Kenworth). Speaking of which, I'd love to get my hands on the Monogram 1:16 Kenworth, but they're just stupid expensive, and to make matters worse, just like their smaller brothers, have no sleeper interior whatsoever.

12 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

So I've seen '69, '70 and now '67 GTXs , but never a '68 . Was there ever one released ?

That '67s gotta be kinda rare Kev .

Lots of '68 Roadrunners, but I don't recall ever seeing a '68 GTX, no. As to the Revell '67 GTX, they're fairly easily obtainable right now, and cheap as well.

4 minutes ago, LSP_Ron said:

The tail gate on that kit is a real bear to fit but it's a nice kit overall for it's age

Yea, I've read that it has some issues, but hood, tailgate and doors, will all be glued shut. Now I just need to find a couple sets of 1:16 Cragars.

2 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

The ‘55 convertible came today.  Pretty clean molding for a “reissue” of unknown provenance.   It’s in the car build queue behind the Isseta.

It was always an AMT kit, as far as I am aware.

Like I said, no will power. The very first moment I heard this kit was to someday be available, I knew I just had to have one, and now I finally do. This is a major grail kit purchase for me, as without doubt, the German Jagdtiger is my number one all-time favorite WWII armor piece, ever, followed closely by the Tiger I itself. The box is monstrous, as one might expect, and I’ve added a 1:25 car model for scale comparison. There’s very little doubt that I’ll at least temporarily be sweeping everything else aside so that I can immediately begin playing with this beast. I am one major happy pup right now.

O0JYXt.jpg