Tamiya F4U-1A November release

Kagemusha

You'll never hear much argument from me about the wisdom of doing kits of airplanes that were never built, never flew, or were never in service.  I don't get it.  But apparently some people do.  ZM would have sold P-51B/C's 5000:1 over Hortens, but it's their money.

You are forgetting, That Horten will have a swastika somewhere upon its person, and that seems to trump all other considerations when it comes to marketing success in this crazy hobby of ours....

I'd not likely buy either, but I would far prefer to see an Early P51. There are some fabulous schemes for this aircraft, and loads of top US aces started their careers in this type. I might be tempted if I could make an RAF one from it of of course... So it would have to have a Malcolm hood.

Tim

Really?  <Wishful thinking> Hope it will be a PR I/PR IV/PR IX/ PR XVI variant </Wishful thinking>

It is the worst kept secret on the Internet, first time this has occurred to Tamiya.

When the owner of a Mossie post the information with pictures of Tamiya measuring I trust it.

I already posted the Facebook link.

It is the worst kept secret on the Internet, first time this has occurred to Tamiya.

When the owner of a Mossie post the information with pictures of Tamiya measuring I trust it.

I already posted the Facebook link.

Since Tamiya has already released very nice 1/48 Mossie kits, why would they need to measure another Mossie? And why would this measuring of another Mossie mean a new kit is coming? And in 1/32?

Awful lot of assumptions...

seems like their 1/32 releases have been larger scale versions of their excellent designed 1/48 scale aircraft. The Mustang, Birdcage Corsair, F4U-1A Corsair.  So their next release could be larger scale versions of whats left like the P47D's P51B, Mosquito etc.

Since Tamiya has already released very nice 1/48 Mossie kits, why would they need to measure another Mossie? And why would this measuring of another Mossie mean a new kit is coming? And in 1/32?

Awful lot of assumptions...

Because they put a lot more detail and finesse into their 1/32 kits. They seem to be scaling up a lot of their 1/48 kits with a lot of enhancements.

I was lucky enough to know about their 1/32 Corsair, Spitfire, and Mustang research. I stumbled onto the Mossie info by accident when a person I know who is "well connected to the industry" told me of the "worst kept secret in the industry."

I have to say I trust this info.

Some more info http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10289943 looks like no FAA markings...  :fight:

There will be, the research for this kit was done at Vintage Wings of Canada. They told that organization they will do a Hampton Gray FAA release.

VWOC's Corsair is in Hampton's markings.

As well, the only Allied Soldier to have a memorial on Japanese soil is Hampton Gray. This memorial was destroyed during the Tsunami but has since been rebuilt.

We need a P51C,F6F,Mossie ,Firefly, Tigercat ,and please not another 109 !!!!
Ron

Please don't use the term need. People need food to live. We have models to keep a very select group of people amused in their basements, me included. Also using 'we' to describe your personal wants list, really. I'm part of the we, and it wouldn't bother to have another 109 on the market. I'd like that much more than tigercat, incidentally an aircraft I really like. But I don't want and certainly do need to have in 1:32 scale. Nothing wrong with saying I would like a x, y, and z in my favourite scale. But please don't include me in your we.

Please don't use the term need. People need food to live. We have models to keep a very select group of people amused in their basements, me included. Also using 'we' to describe your personal wants list, really. I'm part of the we, and it wouldn't bother to have another 109 on the market. I'd like that much more than tigercat, incidentally an aircraft I really like. But I don't want and certainly do need to have in 1:32 scale. Nothing wrong with saying I would like a x, y, and z in my favourite scale. But please don't include me in your we.

You have way too much time on your hands....are you a school teacher...?

You need to give up the correctnessing of other members....and yes I just made that word up.