What are we actually missing in 1/32?

airscale

Guest Clunkmeister

..for your delectation.... looks like a kit I would buy...

LSPHampden_zpsc500e14c.jpg

..and your C-46 my friend...

LSPC46_zps4ee46eab.jpg

..clearly both have Tamiya moulding quality, ZM levels of detail and will be for Revell prices in my little fantasy 1/32 universe..

Peter

I'm in loooove!!  Although I would have gone with Air Manitoba bare metal or Lambair's famous Miss Piggy, complete with Nose Art.

I'm going deaf just looking at that pic. Talk about bad flashbacks!

Se I'm already critical!! :rofl:  :frantic:  :deadhorse:

Edited by Clunkmeister

I'd love to have an accurate P/F-82 Twin Mustang like the one being restored to airworthiness down south. I'd also love to see all three types of Spitfire Floatplanes ( Mk I, Mk V, and Mk IX), all four to Tamiya standards, especially the F-82.

Those are great Peter (your talents are clearly wasted :D). Well, as I worked on EE Lightnings in the RAF, and do again now with the LPG, I would have to have an F.Mk.6 aircraft, but in the King's scale of 1/24!

Cheers

Derek 

Guest Clunkmeister

That Commando box art is great!

The C-46 has a very special place in my heart.....

My first 15 million in the bank will see one in my backyard, in a custom hangar, ready to launch on my private 6000 foot runway.

200K for the plane, 7 mil for the hangar and runway, the rest for maintenance, oil and fuel.

Edited by Clunkmeister

The C-46 has a very special place in my heart.....

My first 15 million in the bank will see one in my backyard, in a custom hangar, ready to launch on my private 6000 foot runway.

200K for the plane, 7 mil for the hangar and runway, the rest for maintenance, oil and fuel.

Let me know when you have all that cash, we can become best buddies.

Guest Clunkmeister

imagejpg1_zps70f3b856.jpg

Pulled this off the web. I remember this plane in Churchill. The original "Miss Piggy". For a short time, it had nose art with the cartoon character, done WW.2 nose art style. It was eventually ordered removed by Company brass.

The name originated when somebody, as this machine departed Churchill (YYQ), shouted "Piiiigs in Spaayyyyyyyyce!" Over Unicom.

It stuck.

2 years later, she's on the rocks. #2 always had a bad Mag, and did crappy run ups. Her fate was not unexpected.

I have her builders tag somewhere in my collection.