What are we actually missing in 1/32?

airscale

Guest Clunkmeister

Whatever happened to the Golden Age of Aviation: 1920-1939? So little is really available. USN and USAAF subjects alone of great interest:

Vindicator

Devastator

Helldiver

Grumman FF-1. F2F, F3F

Shrike

The list could go on and on. And of course, new kits of the old Hasegawa and William kits.

Geuss that's why we call it a wish list

Peter

I'll echo those great selections and several more.

B-24

Martin B-26

Betty

Val

Kate

Beech 18 (C-45)

Curtiss C-46

Douglas C-47

Martin B-10

Lockeed Vega

Lockeed Electra

F-101B Voodoo

Edited by Clunkmeister

Guest Clunkmeister

I think we need a good Nieuport 11 or 17, preferrably from WNW.

I wouldn't mind a He 112, Hs 129, Pilatus PC-9, Cessna 172. I still need a decent Bf 109 F/G/K (no, I am not trolling ;-) )

Radu

OK, On the subject of my favorite decade for aircraft, we need a 1 1/2 Strutter and some C-series Albatros representation.

Guest Dekenba

A WNW 1&1/2 Strutter is surely just a matter of time. As is pretty much any WWI aircraft.

The Academy Nieuport 17 kit is not bad at all once you have added Mastercasters cockpit, corrected cowling & wheel set together Toms Modelworks Nieuport PE detail set.

Guest Clunkmeister

A Taube would be nice,

JN-4

Avro 504K (autocorrect almost made me post 'Afro')

Caudron anything

Farman anything

And a decent Camel since the Hobbycraft 'engine series' kit is no longer being produced.

Some of mine:

Avro Vulcan (wibble)

I've probably got several hundred years worth of models to build - but doesn't stop the acquisitive dreaming!  :)

Iain

A 1:32 Vulcan could always do double duty as a deck canopy.

Ooops - need a new list...

LSP_zps6bb2cfab.jpg

And we nee to tell the guy who has made the list that the Viking has been built by Lockheed, not by Grumman! ;)

BTT, I think we need lots of things in 32nd scale, but I don't think anybody is listening to what we want - and even more important: what I want! :D

There could be a chance for an EA-6B, but I don't think we'll see my other 3 favourites as mainstream kits in 32nd scale: Skywarrior (any version), RA-5C Vigilante and S-3B.

But, shall I tell you what? Some time ago, I have simply changed my attitude. Instead of hoping or begging for a kit I want, I just build it myself. Get out your scale drawings, plastic sheet, foam or whatsoever and start build your dream models instead of waiting for them!  :)

IMG_3686.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

A 1/32nd scale is available from Tigger Models, by the way. A good base, it just needs some love and attention! :)

vvsl.jpg

True but as many of us are slow builders and do not have a lot of available time, I think this solution will probably help us to save money but not to release ended models...

Note that as we've now more or less ten new topics per year, there is hope that the above mentioned list will be exhausted in the ten to twelve years to come!

The main problem we have relates to jets or more simply post-war planes. The release rythm of new kits is very slow... Except a dozen of planes, you'll see that most single prop requested are not anymore "mainstream topics" whereas a very large majority of missing links in the jet list are still iconic planes...