What are we actually missing in 1/32?

airscale

Guest Clunkmeister

Brilliant!

You do know that you just have to manufacture these planes now don't you!

Yeah, he's got to realise he can't get our hopes up like that ;-) The price of the plastic alone will break the average bank account..

Edited by Clunkmeister

Guest Clunkmeister

Back to serious...

What WOULD be nice to have is the Noorduyn Norseman.

Kind of an unsung hero, but it has quite the history: Helped open up Northern Canada and Alaska, Served throughout WW2, got blasted out of the sky and took Glenn Miller to the bottom of the Channel, shuttled Monty, Patton, Eisenhower and others around Eorope...

Pretty good track record, I'd say?

And it's a good looking plane as well.

Edited by Clunkmeister

The C-46 has a very special place in my heart.....

My first 15 million in the bank will see one in my backyard, in a custom hangar, ready to launch on my private 6000 foot runway.

200K for the plane, 7 mil for the hangar and runway, the rest for maintenance, oil and fuel.

The old Williams Brothers kit, done up eons ago for a friend's dad. (Not real sure why I used gray instead of black for the windows.) Panel lines done to death, but I was in "monkey see, monkey do" mode at that time. Too much staining as well I think.

5A003_zps148473eb.jpg

Guest Clunkmeister

Kevin, that looks awesome. Did you paint the cockpit glass? I have a couple copies of that kit in my stash, and it really isn't that bad except for being a limited run basic kit. Lots of scratching needed.

With the panel lines, it's easy to forget that this airplane is every bit as big as a B-17, so you need to scale the weathering accordingly.

We really need an up to date one of these in our scale

Guest Clunkmeister

That's awesome. It looks like pretty much the best build of this kit I've seen.

I've tried to do one of my old ride, but I was a casual modeler 15 years ago, and Testors spray can silver didn't do it justice..LOL

This kit is hard to do right, and the interior is basic at best, complete with Hobbycraft inspired Barkolounger crew seats, so the glass treatment you did is probably best...

Edited by Clunkmeister

Guest Smitty44

I din't read all the way back as I would buy one of everything  from century series to WWII, etc. I would though really like to see a 1/32 S-3 Viking....totally do-able.

Yes indeed! Two weeks ago I saw a scratchbuilt Viking fuselage built by one LSP member (Starfighter) and was surprised seeing it was so short! So yes it is fully doable! I'd get at least one S-3B and one ES-3!

thats awesome! I'd like an EA6B and then a S3!!!!!! come on Tamiya or Trumpeter