HK Models 1/32 Do 335B

LSP_Kevin

Thanks once again chaps. All kinds of things keeping my progress slow at the moment, but I have managed to finally start painting the beast:

qs0Ebc.jpg

As you can see, I went with natural metal for the undersides of the extended wing tips, but opted not to go down the path of puttying the panel and rivet lines. A bit of a cop out, I know, but I realised today that I've been bashing away at this build now for nearly 7 months, so it's time to wrap it up! I did manage to get a bit of RLM 65 on the ventral fuel tank though, as I'd neglected to protect it:

B2MqNB.jpg

I'll have to give it a careful respray, and there's a couple of other grungy bits here and there that need attention, but I feel like I can wrap this one up pretty quickly now - hopefully before Christmas.

Kev

Guest Peterpools

Kev

progress ... nothing better and making it to the painting stage surely means the corner has been turned

Looking real good

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks gents. Feels good to finally be in the home stretch!

Nice looking work, Kev. I wish I'd added the tank in there last on mine. It would've made things easier to mask. 

Yeah, me too, along with the retraction mechanisms for the bay doors. They could easily be left off until after the painting has been done, but are a complete PITA if you install them early like I did.

Kev