IAF F-16I SUFA UPDATE: 5/17/14: PAINTING AND CAMMO

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

UPDATE:  3/30/14 LOADOUTS – DONE!

Before I started construction on the Sufa, I never dreamed I would spend so much time researching, building and painting the loadouts. In reality, I could have almost built another complete model in the time spent on this portion of the build and easily could have devoted twice the time in detailing and fussing with the assemblies. Each assembly was built OOB, as I was shooting for a very lightly worn look, as Israeli Air Force aircraft are very well maintained. I kept the Flory wash to a minimum, using it to highlight only the panel lines on the pylons and accentuate the welds and seals on the drop tanks. I did notice that the panel lines and details on the Wolfpack pylons (used on the 370 gal drop tanks) were sharper and accepted the wash mush better then then Academy pylons.

Model Master enamels were the paint of choice, as well as both Glosscote and Dullcote for the decaling process along with the Micro Set and Sol. To help the decals sit down over the numerous filler caps, Walther's Solvaset was needed. Kit decals are by Cartagraf – nothing else needs to be said – gorgeous!

With this portion of the build now nearly done (thanks goodness), except for a few tweaks and on the GBU's, a few parts need to be added, it's time to head back to the Sufa herself and start finishing up all the details, adding the zillions of PE upgrades, the burner can assembly and finally getting ready for priming the aircraft herself.

Thanks for checking in

Enjoy

Peter

PCW_4705_zps12c18fab.jpg

PCW_4702_zpsa6bf8ee9.jpg

PCW_4704_zps44622e57.jpg

PCW_4709_zps59dbd83b.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Brian

Some as as big as a 1/72nd scale kit but at least they are all done and today I started working on all the lump and bumps on the Sufa - and she sure has a lot of them.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Gary

Much appreciated. Just couldn't believe how long it took to actually work my way thought the loadout. Started adding lots of PE and resin details to the SUfa this afternoonand hopefully, I'll be able to start priming in a few weeks.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks carl

Very much appreciated. Hopefully I'll be making a bit faster progress now that the loadouts are done.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Paul

Much appreciated and really glad the loadouts are done and I can start finishing up the Sufa herself and looking froward to priming not to far down the line.

Peter