IAF F-16I SUFA UPDATE: 5/17/14: PAINTING AND CAMMO

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

S

Thanks for checking in and late last night, I cut the GE fan out, painted up the P&W fan with a few shades of Alclad and all is well. I'll post a few photos of the repair a bit later today.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Thomas, very much appreciated.

I was surprised that it isn't hard at all to get the intake seamless, just a lot of filling and sanding.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Don

Appreciate the kind words. I've never worked on two large scale kits at the same time and sometimes, it does get a bit confusing as where and what I was doing with which kit.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Update 1/13/14 : THE CORRECT P&W FAN

Gary pointed out that the Academy instructions were incorrect and that the fan called out for the P&W engine (H1) was actually the GE fan and the correct part should be: C65. With the correct part cut from the fret and painted in a few different shades of Alclad, I cut the offending fan off with an X-acto razor saw, a bit of file work to smooth out the duct end and installed the correct fan. Done!

All that remains for the front intake assembly is too add the intake ring at the front of the ducting, clean up the seams and move on.

Thanks for checking in

Peter

The GE fan on the left (H1) and the correct P&W fan on the right (C65)

PCW_4576_zps694e8706.jpg

PCW_4577_zps6b1d538b.jpg

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Mark

Hopefully from here, I won't have to be doing any back tracking again. I'm close to finishing up the front intake assemble and have the entire front offcie done and temp installed. If wasn't a bad fit, just a lot of small tweaks to keep everything snug. I decided to leave the PE and Resin Wolfpack detail parts off until I have the fuselage together, seams filled and sanded out - so I won't be my normal clutcz self and keep knocking everything off. :oops:

Peter

Hey Peter, I am trying to find a suitable donor engine front to make a Skyhawk fan face master.  I just don't feel like making all those individual fan blades.  The blades and vanes are all pointing in the right direction, but it seems the dia (30mm?) may be a little bit big by the time I cut it down in the lathe. I am needing 24mm. Other option may be seeing what the dia of the Trump A-6 is.

Cheers

Anthony