TAMIYA corsair. WOW

misha71

I think the wing fold "Option" was a good choice as it eliminates any toylike issues like gaps, breaks, etc. with an operating fold. And you can decide which way to display the kit at any point. For instance, how often did the marines fold their wings on land base operations? Looks Super, now which sprues to buy for correcting previous 1/32 kits as well?

LOOKS GREAT!

Only thing I don't like, so far, is the cowl flaps. the Corsair had wrap around cowl flaps even into -1D production. Early on due to oil leakage problems the top flaps were wired shut as a quick field fix. VF-17 working hard with Vought fixed this problem during carrier trials. Don't want to get into a technical rant just wished tbey would have gave an option.

I also hope they corrected the leading edge wing tank filler cap position as they got that wrong also on their 48 scale kit... Blah blah blah! Lol

LOOKS GREAT!

Only thing I don't like, so far, is the cowl flaps. the Corsair had wrap around cowl flaps even into -1D production. Early on due to oil leakage problems the top flaps were wired shut as a quick field fix. VF-17 working hard with Vought fixed this problem during carrier trials. Don't want to get into a technical rant just wished tbey would have gave an option.

I also hope they corrected the leading edge wing tank filler cap position as they got that wrong also on their 48 scale kit... Blah blah blah! Lol

According to pictures....it will have both types of cowl flaps

Hi Folks Here is a link to some sprue shots http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10223241 They are small on the page, but just click them and let the drooling begin. But make sure you wipe off your keyboard :thumbsup:

Cheers

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig22/10223241k2.jpg

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4