First Purchase of 2013!

LSP_Paul

Not bought any kits yet, don't plan to either for some time although I have plenty in mind! I have however bought some scratch building stuff + a casting kit for the IL-76 so that can carry on! Will have my own engines soon :D

I lasted 3 days into the new year! I just placed an order with Lucky Model for two 1/32 scale kits.

First, the 1/32 Hasegawa P-47M which is going to be in Witold Lanowski's markings. I was honoured to meet him at Duxford one year, and we corresponded briefly before he died.

Second, the Kinetic Hawk 100, which will be done as an RCAF CT-155. That one surprised me as modern jets don't normally do anything for me, but I put it in my cart as soon as I saw it was available. I think they are very attractive in that dark blue scheme with the maple leaf roundels.

So that's it until the release of the Tempest V, PZL P.11, Spitfire II, Jak 3...

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

Well, despite power outages today placed an order for the beheamoth of Battleships (1/200 Bismark), a couple of re-released Tamiya F1 kits in 1/12, and the 1/32 Trumpeter F14B Jolly Rodgers.

Hmmm....wooden deck, PE set for the Bismark? Anyone need a kidney?

Cheers Matty

Well, despite power outages today placed an order for the beheamoth of Battleships (1/200 Bismark), a couple of re-released Tamiya F1 kits in 1/12, and the 1/32 Trumpeter F14B Jolly Rodgers.

Hmmm....wooden deck, PE set for the Bismark? Anyone need a kidney?

Cheers Matty

Matty,

Congrats on your purchase! Don't feel to bad, I scratch build WWII Warships in 1/96th scale LOL I have a 6 foot 5 inch long Cleveland Class Light cruiser on the workbench at the moment =D They are designed for R/C and other then the hull ( fiberglass) and some fittings, you build the rest from whatever you think will last the longest outside and still look to scale.

I brought this up because your 1/200 Bismark is IDEAL for R/C Conversion and would save a few hundred dollars in model supplies, give it some thought It's a blast!

Paul

Not bought any kits yet, don't plan to either for some time although I have plenty in mind! I have however bought some scratch building stuff + a casting kit for the IL-76 so that can carry on! Will have my own engines soon :D

Sounds great Radders, cant wait to see some pics of the giant Ruskie heavy hauler!

Paul

I lasted 3 days into the new year! I just placed an order with Lucky Model for two 1/32 scale kits.

First, the 1/32 Hasegawa P-47M which is going to be in Witold Lanowski's markings. I was honoured to meet him at Duxford one year, and we corresponded briefly before he died.

Second, the Kinetic Hawk 100, which will be done as an RCAF CT-155. That one surprised me as modern jets don't normally do anything for me, but I put it in my cart as soon as I saw it was available. I think they are very attractive in that dark blue scheme with the maple leaf roundels.

So that's it until the release of the Tempest V, PZL P.11, Spitfire II, Jak 3...

Richard

Sounds great Richard, I cant wait to see the P-47M myself,

Paul

Well I broke down and have a Vac Vampire FB.5 from Tigger coming along with nsome books. This will hopefully become a F.3 of RCAF stock.

Now to look for the Hawk so all those pics I took can be used.

James

Just bought another couple of Revell Tonka's from Scale Model Shop.

Ordered this morning and already on their way. What great service.

Still need to buy a few more to do the schemes I have planned/decals for.

Steve

First purchases of 2013 was a HPH SG-38 that I'll build for my dad who learned to fly in it, and an Eduard 1/4 Bf109E instrument panel. Now where is my evergreen and just how big would a 1/4 109 be ?

Also got some etch, masks and HGW fabric seat belts for various kits in the stash

For me WNW DVa Albatros, Zoukei-Mura SkyRaider Navy and ShinDen J7W1. Both with all the goodies. ZactoMan Mig -29UB upgrade kit. :yahoo: Also waiting IMPATIENTLY :BANGHEAD2: for the HB P-61 BLACK WIDOW and my Xmas gift form my Girl, A HK B-25 J Strafer. Funny thing is, I have all the AMS and other after market stuff before the B-25 kit! That is a first :lol:

It looks to be a good start for you folks for LSP :clap2: :beer4: Cheers and have fun Vandy

For me it was a trip to the LHS to pick up a 1/35 Dragon Stug III w. Zimmerit that I had ordered, but a Dragon Me109E-3 also found its was into my cart, as did a set of Eduard Luftwaffe belts, and a gravity fed Neo for Iwata airbrush.