1/32 VPAFMig-21PFM (kinda)

Please guys I am terrified posting these because this is my fourth Completed LSP ever!!! I was a armor guy who quit modeling for 10 years and came back roughly 3 years ago. Did my first 1/32 AC Jan 2011 (the obligatory Me-109) the rest has been learning and do a tank do a plane do something wierd in between!!! I know this one is not perfect but I did not let it beat me. I live in a small one Br apt right now so space is a premium so I have to finish one to start another!! There's more firsts in this one:

This sucker had been looming over my head so long so here the finished product. No Decals on this one I am using Adastra masks for the Roundels and Bort Numbers. The bird I wanted to build was this:

newmig21pfm.jpg

I saw something like this on Dogfights and thought it would be a great match up for my "Dogfights of the 20th Century" pairing. This was I had almost 100% completed a Chinese F7-II I went into this thinking All MiG-21 are all the same--- WRONG!!!! The Chinese bird is close to the first version of the "Fishbed" What I needed was A PFM version. I had to kinda scratch a Radar screen on the IP (pics are earlier in this thread) then eventhough the two 30mm cannons looked pretty I had to RIPP THEM OUT which left a trench deep enough for Richard Cameron to take a bathyscaphe to the bottom. so mucho putty and sanding and I scribed a pair of airbrakes to look right. (The PFM had NO gun at all everybody was all about their crappy missiles and the PFM and most of the Phantoms had no guns) on sorry for the tangent. So there I was looking at this thing going what the hell am I going to do. So Finally getting the MF gave me the nudge to finish this bird.

800VPAFMiG-21RED5015016.jpg

800VPAFMiG-21RED5015007.jpg

800VPAFMiG-21RED5015015.jpg

800VPAFMiG-21RED5015014.jpg

800VPAFMiG-21RED5015013.jpg

800VPAFMiG-21RED5015010.jpg

800VPAFMiG-21RED5015009.jpg

800VPAFMiG-21RED5015008.jpg

Hey Dane, don't be shy. She looks fine. The camo looks great. :speak_cool: If I can make a suggestion. There is a fine line of pinkish putty along the canopy frame, that is a very distinctive MIGs feature, maybe it's not too late to add it up. Also I have decent collection of material about the Migs, so if you need anything , please do not hesitate to drop me a line.

Cheers

Martin

Excellent! I really like the camo--how did you do it?

Re: the cockpit "putty." I've used yellow (or whatever color is required) decal to replicate that with pretty good results--the rub-on stuff works well, too.

Cheers,

Tim W.