Wrecked Bf 109 G-14As in ANR service

AceofClubs

Hi all, after some years I came back to aircraft modelling. Anyway I did not forget to take, almost daily, a look to LSP forum as it is a great and very useful source.

Well. I love Bf 109 G-14/As and, above all, I really love Bf 109 G-14/As in ANR (Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana) service. It would be very nice to built a G-14/As from 2° Gruppo Caccia with W. Nr. from 785xxx production run.

Unfortunately there are no pictures about these aircrafts. The well known ANR expert Mr F. D’Amico told me that the only G-14/As about which exist a photographic proof are W. Nr. 785x53 "blue 1" and W.Nr. 785039 "3-13", both from 1° Gruppo Caccia.

Besides, I would like to built a wrecked G-14/As, abandoned and neglected somewhere in a Northern Italy airfield in may 1945.

In “The Camouflage & Markings of the Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana 1943-45. Classic Publications (2005)” the authors (F. D’Amico e G. Valentini) produced a report from Us Intelligence source listing wrecked and burn out Bf 109. There we find G-6, G-10 Erla, G-14 and … some G-14/As!.

Anyway, I start from Hasegawa 1/32 Bf 109 G-10 “Heinz Ewald”.

Pictures about abandoned German aircrafts shows many parts are missing because of structural break down or from clearings and removals from relics hunters (such as into the cockpit). So I tried to made the task as accurate as possible for my modeller’s experience. Feel free to made comments or suggestions. Best regards.

Filippo

0016.jpg

0017.jpg

0006.jpg

0022.jpg

0040.jpg

0051.jpg

0061.jpg

0025.jpg

0060.jpg

What a fantastic start! This one sure promises to be an entertaining build thread and I look forward to seeing where you go with this build. Definitely like what I'm seein' so far.thumbsup.gif

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee