ZM He 219 confirmed in SAMI

Kagemusha

No, no no, a Dornier 217 if anything. So much more interesting and many more choices. So no more talk of a boring Do17.

Hey hey hey ... if YOU want a 217 - fantastic!!! :) ...

I want early war Luftwafe France/BOB ... the Do17 and Ju52 being the only two 1/32's I'm missing from this arrangement now ...

Call your own crap boring!!!! ... an leave the rest of us be!!

TY

Rog :)

Hi all,

First of all and from an European point of view, I find it very difficult to justify buying a very well detailed €240 (including Custom taxes) Z-M He 219 plus the cost of all the Z-M add-ons (about €130 again including tax) versus an "accurate outline only" €50 Revell Uhu.

Even if I spend €80 in add-ons on the Revell kit (Eduard PE, Aires resin cockpit, etc) it will balance €370 vs €130! No way I am going to spend that kind of money if I have a decent alternative.

Of course this bring us to what do we want in a 1/32 scale model, a nice accurate "curbside" model with a good paintjob or an "all panels opened" "look-through" engineering masterpiece?

I intend to model my Z-M Shinden "opened" as it can show the innovative concept and I have 2 Z-M Ta 152Hs precisely to be modelled one each way. Considering what I paid for one Z-M Skyraider I don't think I will buy another Z-M single seater version. I would like to buy a Z-M Mustang and show it "naked" alongside my 2 Tamiya "curbside" models.

Bottom line: it's really a golden age of (1/32 scale) modelling when we are spoiled for choice of esoteric subjects like the He 219! Thank you Z-M, Revell, Tamiya, Hasegawa, Fisher, Special Hobby, PCM, Silver wings, etc etc.

Happy modelling,

Rui

Hi guys... I am glad that we have two different He 219's coming... they will each cover a different segment of the market. I would like to suggest two new subjects for ZM: 1/32 N1K1 Rex and a 1/32 RAF Typhoon.... possibly a Me 410, a Do 335 or Arado 234...

just thinking out loud!

Cheers and happy modelling!

Alan

I would like to suggest two new subjects for ZM: 1/32 N1K1 Rex possibly a Me 410, a Do 335 or Arado 234...

I have been searching for the 2nd/latter release of the SBs Me 410 for years (for a decent price that is), as well as waiting for DMLs Arrow, and I currently have the SBs N1K1 conversion, as well as the venerable mid-wing George kit to go with it, as well as MDC/Radus beautiful Ar234.

I feel IMHO there would be no competition for me for the MCD Ar234, as its about as pretty/detailed/accurate as models come, so as I have always had a real love/thing for float planes I love the Rex. However, the SBs conversion IS better than the vac conversion, but anyone who has one and is a N1K1 fan knows how REALLY off the cowl is. Not something that would stand in my or any decent modelers way mind you but I would LOVE/LOVE a new injection (and ACCURATE!) rex!

Knowing how much the Me 410 2nd release goes for occasionally when the sneak up on EBay, Id also LOVE to see an injection 410 as well. The Do 335 I have been waiting for in 32nd for YEARS now and same goes for wanting that unusual and beautiful airframe in 32nd.

For as much as it pains me to listen to Stephen go on about his Kate and Val, over and over and over and over an............... :lol: LOL (Sorry Stephen couldnt help myself there!) I think that he and Roy have a point about this possibly being a golden opportunity for ZM to capitolize on some of their home countires past aircraft that are in sore need in 32nd that seem (for whatever reason) highly unlikely at this time to be put out by any other 32nd players.

Just my 2 pence.........

Brian

The ZM Shinden that I bought is beautiful, but the Revell kits more fit my building style.

I tend to build aircraft in-flight, or at least mostly buttoned up.

I like to be able to remove a couple of panel to look now-and-again,

but I display my planes to enjoy their form rather than their structure.

I agree that ZM would do well to offer a few craft from the height of Japanese airpower,

with the Kate and Val being the most glaring omissions.

Also, yes the ZM folks were at Garber awhile back and there is a Rex

(fuselage, engine, wings, float and dolly)

for them to have looked at.

I was just at Udvar-Hazy yesterday,

and the Kikka Japanese jet fighter has been moved into the Mary Baker Engen Restoration Hanger for public display.

Picture005JPEG.jpg

In the final analysis, it is truly a golden age for 1/32nd scale models,

and as one previous poster noted,

time to get building!

Mike

I don't think Lexus worries about Kia. I'm not knocking either brand, they each have their target market. They both have four wheels, go from A to B, I doubt Lexus loses too many customers to a lower priced priced brands. They just aren't after the same customers. People that squawk over price aren't buying perimum labels. ZM is after a different customer, higher price, greater margin, more prestige and fewer net sales. This applies at home and abroad, fewer net sales, thier business department knows it. As for concentrating on a home market 80% of sales come from 20% of your customer base. That is normally your home market. No company would give away foreign sales, and yes it is likely the only place to achieve rapid growth in market share. I hear BMW makes a fine car, they sell for a lot less in Germany than Canada. Doesn't make the car any higher quality by bringing it Canada, but the price sure goes up. I don't walk into the dealership and try to do a head to head with a Toyota echo, or Nissan versa. The prices are miles apart and always will be. I'm not BMW Canada's customer and never will be and any money spent on marketing to me is foolish and ineffective. Some guys like $60 models others like are happy to pay $150 for Tamiya spitfires which I just received my 15th today from HLJ. I have 4 Tamiya ponies in 1:32, and none from ZM. My conclusion I guess I'm not part of ZM's customer base. As a footnote I also have zero revell 1:32 kits. Two reasons; firstly subject matter isn't my flavour, secondly they don't seem to be of any great value once imported into Canada. Therefore I derive more value, pleasure and prestige from Tamiya kits and that is where the lions share of my money goes. My point I don't think ZM has even pondered the thought of going toe toe with lower cost alternatives. My father in law who has passed away never through away the highest bidder on a contract. He always asked for an explanation for why they were more, and usually it was because they were offering more service or higher quality materials.

No, no no, a Dornier 217 if anything. So much more interesting and many more choices. So no more talk of a boring Do17.

Sorry! But I'm in the Dornier 17Z camp too. It would make perfect sense to complete Revell's trio of Battle of Britain twin-engined Luftwaffe bombers. I wouldn't say that the choices are limited either. The 17Z was used in a lot of theatres that the Luftwaffe served in, including North Africa (Some nice desert scheme 17Z's to be had). I think that sales would be healthy too..just look at how difficult it is to pick up the Classic Airframes offering nowadays!

A Dornier 217 would be nice too...I think that there is room in the market for both.

Regards;

Steve

Sorry! But I'm in the Dornier 17Z camp too. It would make perfect sense to complete Revell's trio of Battle of Britain twin-engined Luftwaffe bombers. I wouldn't say that the choices are limited either. The 17Z was used in a lot of theatres that the Luftwaffe served in, including North Africa (Some nice desert scheme 17Z's to be had). I think that sales would be healthy too..just look at how difficult it is to pick up the Classic Airframes offering nowadays!

A Dornier 217 would be nice too...I think that there is room in the market for both.

Regards;

Steve

Yes ... nothing against the Uhu (<- in my country that is a brand of glue stick incidently!!!) ... but for Gawd sake finish off the early war stuff 1st ROG!!!

Rog :)

H

so how do you know the price fella? something else you'd like to tell us?

Ads

post1.gif

Hi Ads,

I know, I'm a bit late to respond but SGK Modellbau in Germany (I'm from Germany) advertises it for 37,99 €. Otherwise I don't know anything more than you. Sorry.

Harry

With regards to the He-219, I'll look at the RoG kit as opposed to the ZM kit. That is a matter of economics with me. Others may choose to buy one or the other, or both.I'll qualify this though, by saying that we'll see where we are when WNW releases their next batch of kits.

Sorry! But I'm in the Dornier 17Z camp too. It would make perfect sense to complete Revell's trio of Battle of Britain twin-engined Luftwaffe bombers.

This is a bit of a pet subject for me, and I'm glad that Revell haven't jumped on the Do-17Z.

If Revell pressed ahead with the Do-17Z now, they would not have an original example available to measure. Now I don't know what plans and drawings relating to this aircraft survive, but there's no substitute for studying the real thing. All of Revell's recent 1/32 releases have involved study of complete airframes during restoration, and this once more is the case with the He-219.

Take into account that there is a substantially complete Do-17Z underwater, which the RAF Museum intends to recover this year. A Do-17Z produced in a few years will benefit from vastly improved research material. The people at Revell aren't stupid, I'd be astonished if this isn't a major consideration to them,

Cheers,

Bill.