ZM He 219 confirmed in SAMI

Kagemusha

On the other hand, I recently read an article, which said that Revell wants to aim at a higher priced market in the future, thought the article didn't specify if that applies for their whole portfolio, or just their R/C-range.

Hate to say it, but looks like Revell is going to have to try hard to top this one! It looks insane! All of that detail will be great for anyone looking for some cool display options! Noseweight seems like it'll be a small problem, but there's always a way. Anyone hear anything on price yet? I assume the Revell kit will be a great value, but maybe this one won't be too much either?

Matt :party0023:

Looks like a great kit indeed.

I was all very happy to know that the Uhu was going to be available but now that I have seen one, MAN ! I want it NOW !!

I think I will go with RoG offering anyway mostly for expected price reason + I love to add all the details by myself ;)

Wow, Revell had a mock box top but Z-M had actually sprues to see for the He 219!

If you notice the ZM build up model it resembles an A-2 or A-5 and not an A-0. It's got he longer engine nacelle rear portion and the smoother rear canopy.

Edited by mahernandez

The He-111 only was just delayed by reasons outside of Revells responsibility. I think Revell has some more ressources to bring a kit onto the shelves than ZM, and they will outperform ZM by price and maybe release date. Look of the shell should be on par, ease of construction a tad better with Revells kit. I guess we shall see the testshots of Revells Uhu at IPMS Germanys homepage within the summer and have the kit on the shelves for X-mas. I've told my wife that Revells Uhu is number 1 of my X-mas wishlist for 2012 right after the kit was announced at Telford.

Oh, well, for 40 bucks for the basic kit I shall be able to add tons of resin parts and have to spend less than ordering a ZM one.

Regards!

- dutik

Edited by dutik

Hate to say it, but looks like Revell is going to have to try hard to top this one! It looks insane! All of that detail will be great for anyone looking for some cool display options! Noseweight seems like it'll be a small problem, but there's always a way. Anyone hear anything on price yet? I assume the Revell kit will be a great value, but maybe this one won't be too much either?

Matt :party0023:

Just what went through my mind after looking at the level of detail (try hard to top this one)...especially those very nice engines in place,haven't seen that kind of plumbing before.,,,WOW!

But I don't like all the superstructure whatsoever....might be a HUGE price diff.between RoG and them. RoG might be easier to build and may have finer surface detail at less $.. This is going to be a great year..but not for the wallet.

Edited by williamj

Wow that looks great! I agree with dutik.. Revell will be released first and then ZM.. They still have the P-51 to release! So don't expect to see this till at least the end of 2012 or 2013...

But it does look fantastic!

Wow that looks great! I agree with dutik.. Revell will be released first and then ZM.. They still have the P-51 to release! So don't expect to see this till at least the end of 2012 or 2013...

But it does look fantastic!

Says right on the site..release 2012.

The P-51D should be Feb to March, and while I have no release schedule for the 219, the project is already well advanced.

When the guys get back from Japan, I'll ask them the status of the release and see if we have any further info.